What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Family Guy" Volume One (1 Viewer)

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
I'll confirm the story from Scott_J that Seth was indeed booked to be on Flight 11 from Boston.

This is the first time I actually made the connection between the scene being cut and Seth being booked to be on Flight 11.

Thanks for pointing this out for me and others Scott.

Matthew Furtek

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Chris,
I noticed that too, it made me lean towards trusting what Ron said about it only being 4 disc.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Wow, family guy is second in amazon.ca's future-release sales rank (futurama is first) and fourth in amazon.com!

How could fox let this go? Check out the pre-orders!

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Because a friend scratched the hell out of my season one R2 dvd I now have the perfect excuse to get the slightly lovelier R1. Here's hoping that When You Wish Upon A Weinstein is on the next R1 collection, as I don't want to also buy season two (R2) just for one freakin' episode!

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Jimmy K: The DeBeers commercial is on the episode "Peter, Peter, Caviar, Eater". I don't see why they would cut that.
I haven't seen what episodes are included in the set. Is the episode you mentioned included in this set?

JimmyK

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
JimmyK: Yup, this is the 1st episode of the 2nd Season and it's on the discs! I remember when for the longest time all I had was maybe 9 or 10 episodes.... so glad that this is coming out on DVD in high quality with 5.1 sound PLUS COMMENTARIES! What a world!

Matthew Furtek

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff: Easy over there. When the specs were announced "When you Wish Upon a Weinstein" wasn't listed as on this set, so this is nothing new.

I would be very surprised if this episode wasn't released on the next Family Guy release. And if you are really dying to see it... well you probably know where you can watch the episode. As I recall someone close to the show leaked it over the Internet.

Matthew Furtek

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I am a "Family Guy" Fan, but what is the story with this "When You Wish Upon a Weinstien" episode

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys and Gals,

A gentleman directly involved with Family Guy
has contacted me via email and has given me
permission to repost this:

Hey, I just read your review for the Family Guy DVD. I used to work on the show, so I just wanted to let you know what the "jittery jaggy" thing you noticed is all about. It is in the original network transfers. Basically, sometimes after the animation came back from Korea,
they would want a shot to hold longer than it was actually animated...instead of sending it back to Korea, they'd do fake "holds" in post production, causing that jaggy "paused" look. I can't wait to get the DVD set myself......although it sucks that the Bin Laden joke was cut from "Road to Rhode Island" (if you didn't know, Family Guy had a Bin Laden joke 2 years before 9-11)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ah that explains the jaggies...

I've seen it happen. In Infotech, we were making a video (with claymation), and i wanted to hold a shot. So all i did was take the video, and made it hold there. When I rendered it, jaggies resulted... I guess thats what happened there.

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ron for the information. I suppose it's nice to know that it's not a problem with the transfer. I doubt they believed these would show up on DVD.

WillG: "When you Wish Upon a Weinstein" was an episode that was deemed too offensive to show on Fox. A copy has been floating around the Internet for quite some time now. The premise is that Peter sees how successful Jewish people are, and in an attempt to get Chris a better future plans to have him converted to a Jewish person. I am guessing that due to to the sensitive religious nature of the episode, Fox decided not to air it.

It was originially supposed to be a Season 2 Episode, but didn't get shown. It was included in the Region 2 Season 2 DVD, but fans are hoping it will get added with the next Region 1 DVD (assuming sales are good enough).

Matthew Furtek

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

Reading the IGN review, they said that the audio is Dolby 2.0. You are showin 5.1. Who's right?

Here's hopin its you.

Mike

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Ron Said:
A gentleman directly involved with Family Guy has contacted me via email and has given me permission to repost this:
Ron, that same information was covered in one of the commentaries.

The audio is Dolby Surround 2.0, not 5.1 audio. I just finished watching all 28 episodes and I should have a review done for tomorrow. Overall, I enjoyed the set, but there were a few problems with the video, and the commentary tracks SUCKED so bad.

Gord

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Ron,

Could you contact the person who worked on the show and inquire what will happen to the Weinstein episode? I'm really curious, although this entire set will be a must-purchase for me regardless.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I never saw anything that said the Weinstein epiosode would be included in this set. I would expect it to be included in the next set.

Gord

Joe D

Supporting Actor
The Weinstein episode is extremely funny. I watched the episode with a friend and we laughed our tails off throughout the whole episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks