What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Family Guy" Volume One (1 Viewer)

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
I have preordered from Amazon. This and "Curb Your Enthusiasm" have been the funniest shows on TV in the last 5 years. Can't WAIT to get this set!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
This is surely the funniest cartoon to come around in a long time. It took the place of the Simpsons in my heart.

Ron I found out this was coming to DVD because Best Buy sent me an email to pre-order it, so I came to see if you reviewed it yet and you had. But they said it was a 5 disc set, you said a 4 disc set. Do you think the final release will have a extra disc? Here's the link

They also provided me the chance to pre-order the Lion King on dvd, but March is a little soon to pre-order a dvd coming in October, don't cha think?

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
It is nice to see that FOX put a "Play All" option on the discs. Hopefully this will carry over to the remaining Simpsons and MASH DVDs.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Does anyone know if the spoof on the DeBeers diamond commercial is on this set? I don't remember which episode it was on.

I love this show, but had trouble keeping up with when it would be aired. I'm also glad to see it includes the Willy Wonka spoof!

JimmyK

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the review Ron! I'm glad you liked my favorite cartoon series, are you gonna pull a 24 and watch all the episodes? Pretty soon you're gonna stop reviewing TV on DVD because it's too good
:D

I'm awaiting word on the Osama cut. If my memory serves me correctly, during "Road to Rhode Island" at one point Brian and Stewie are getting on a plane and Stewie sings show tunes to get by the metal detectors. Then he quips, "I hope Osama Bin Laden doesn't know show tunes"... and in the background you see Osama singing and dancing to get past the metal detectors.

Eric: This is the first I've heard of Mr. West suing the show. Adam West voices and plays the mayor of Quahog, so I can't see him objecting to role that he voiced.

Jimmy K: The DeBeers commercial is on the episode "Peter, Peter, Caviar, Eater". I don't see why they would cut that.

Everyone is hoping that Weinstein gets on the next release here in Region 1.

Matthew Furtek

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
"She'll pretty much have to" That was hilarious... Im pretty sure it wasn't cut originally when it was on fox was it?
That was definitely shown on FOX at least once, because I remember seeing it. (And I've only seen this show when it was broadcast on FOX, so I'm not remembering it from an R2 DVD or anything like that.)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Scott,

Regarding Road to Rhode Island....

The only airport scene is one where Stewie tries
to board a plane by switching himself with a baby
in a carriage.

No X-Ray machine scene to be seen.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Damn, that sucks. I realize that it's a touchy subject, what with 9/11, but it still shouldn't have been cut. Or they should have included the uncut episode on an Easter Egg. So that the sensitive folks, would have the PC version to watch. And the fans of the series, can watch the original version. :frowning:

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
LaMarcus,
On the best buy website they have:
Family Guy Vol 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (5 Disc)
Number of Discs: 1
Running Time: 90 minutes

I would say "Don't trust it"

I preordered through Amazon and it has 4 disc.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
All right, thanks Ron.

All: After I posted the question about that episode yesterday, I realized it may have been Seth MacFarlane himself who made the cut, not FOX. MacFarlane was supposed to be on one of the planes that was hijacked on 9/11 (the one that was out of Boston, I believe). He had a ticket, but he got to the airport late (after they were done boarding the plane but before it took off) and was trying to convince the workers to let him on the plane, but they wouldn't. Because of that, I'm giving FOX the benefit of the doubt on this edit because I suspect it was cut at MacFarlane's request.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
If that is indeed true, and it was his choice to remove the joke, then I will go along with it. I'm always going to back the artist, when it comes to his own property. If this was a studio decision, then I'll be upset.

But if Seth MacFarlane truely signed off on the removal for the above stated reasons, then I'll accept it. I hope that it will show up as a deleted scene maybe on the season 3 DVD. Like it's supposed to on the UK edition.

Thanks for the info, Scott J.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks