What's new
World Wide Stereo

How to make my Samsung remote control be able to switch channels? (1 Viewer)

MDDC

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Have the Samsung LN52B750 a little over a week and I love it.

I live in Maryland and have cable TV from Comcast. I have a cable remote control that allows me to swtich channels.

As you know, the Samsung TV comes with its own remote control too. How can I make this control be able to control

which channel to watch the way Comcast cable control does? I am not expecting to replace the cable control.

Thank you!

728x90

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
[COLOR= black]Assuming your TV came with a programmable remote that can run your cable box, you'll need to find the instructions in the manual and the list of codes for different cable boxes. (You'll look it up by the manufacturer of the cable box - Motorola, Scientific Atlanta or Cisco, for example - not by the name of the cable provider.) Then you'll follow the steps listed and enter code numbers until you hit the code that works for your set. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Conversely you can probably program your cable remote to handle at least basic functions for your TV, including turning the power on and off and adjusting the volume. (The remotes for the Comcast SA boxes I'm familiar with will power on the box and the TV with the touch of one button.) Again, the directions and the list of codes for various devices (including VCRs and DVD players) will have included in the documentation that came with your box. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Regards, [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Joe[/COLOR]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks