What's new

Replacing my current Logitech Harmony Remote (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So I have had issues with my Harmony Elite remote on and off for awhile now. But currently the issue has gone to not being able to use the remote as it will not connect to the base and will not pair with the base. I realize that Logitech has since left the remote market but I am trying to decide on my best replacement for my remote that doesn't work.

These are my choices and please feel free to make suggestions!

• Buy another Logitech Harmony Elite remote from Amazon even though the company has discontinued them.
  • Find another learning remote that does what the Harmony Elite remote does preferably with a touch screen.
  • Go with a Control 4 remote and that would cost me around $1,500
20191101_122211.jpg

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
I've picked up a spare used myself as the other options don't seem to be coming down in price and everyone is pushing you into using your smartphone for enhanced data sharing...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Ended up buying another Logitech Harmony Elite remote but would still like to hear about other options because these remotes will not be around forever and eventually I may seriously pull the trigger on an upgrade and move the Harmony over to the bedroom system later. Anyone here own a Control 4 and are they worth the investment?

2nd Harmony just arrived today!
20240325_165059.jpg

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I've used this for years. Sadly, it's no longer being actively developed but you can still find the APK for the Android platform.

You didn't state the complexity of your system but this solution works fine with mine. I believe the base [free] version will control up to 5 devices.

Touchsquid 1.JPG
Touchsquid 2.JPG

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I have two Harmony One remotes, both still working perfectly, though I probably should program out a couple of devices that I rarely use anymore. Interestingly, when I recently reset the clocks on them for Daylight Savings Time I found that the year selection stops with 2023. Not that it affects the remote much, but were they thinking that people would be using newer model Harmony remotes by 2024? It's not exactly planned obsolescence, but it is curious.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The harmony elite remains a disappointment compared to the One. We’ve had one for several years after the One was failing. The Elite has been quirky and lately showing signs of charging problems.

I don’t know of any comparable retail solution.

I’ll likely switch to using the AppleTV remote: Where the Harmony One once controlled a TiVo, Blu-Ray, AppleTV, and Console, the Elite is now only controlling an AppleTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks