What's new

How much are RCA cables being used these days? (1 Viewer)

Stan Welks

Stunt Coordinator
I have lots of older good quality monster RCA cables, more than I can realistically use. How much are these cables still being used these days? Do they have much purpose anymore with newer equipment? Is it time to get rid of them?

Thanks.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
What kind of cables are they? They can still be used for audio and the like of course all over the place. And if they're 75ohm video cables, they can also be used for video...

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs

I sure use a lot of them being that I have 3 old receivers (2 are in active use)

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

and one has a built in turntable.. the speakers have built in RCA plugs.

4 tape decks and a CD changer and 2 Eq's A tv and DVD player a HTIB and a VCR so I have wire spagetti behind the TV cabinet!

I sure hope they don't stop making them because we'd be all out of luck when we buy components. :eek:

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I'm still using component cables for my HD sources (CATV box and Xbox360). Eventually, when everything is DVI/HDMI, these will go away, but they are going to be around for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks