What's new

Hoppity goes to Town (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
This was a Fleischer annimated movie in the late 30's or Early 40's. i think Image E. released it on LaserDisc a while ago...has anyone heard of a release forth coming for DVD? Thanks .... bob

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
I loved this film as a child. I've forgotten all about it until I saw the post! Yes, I hope that someone gives it the best restoration possible.

Michael

Jo_C

Second Unit
The film is public domain, so any true restoration would be up to Republic/Paramount as they own the original elements.

Claes Ljunghorn

Stunt Coordinator
I find it odd that Fleischer's first animated feature, Gullivers Travels, is available on DVD in 3 or 4 editions, but that Hoppity is not available at all!

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Well, Gulliver is in the public domain, and none of those DVDs are official.

Currently, Artisan has the DVD rights to Gulliver's Travels and Mr. Bug Goes to Town...and they haven't been doing spit with any of Republic's animation holdings. When the rights revert to Paramount (who own Republic/Spelling) sometime in the future, I hope they put in a bigger effort to get Fleischer's stuff on DVD...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks