What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help with seating positioning please! (1 Viewer)

Savage357

Auditioning
Real Name
Cory R
So, I am now completing my home theater and ready to build a riser platform for rear row seating. One thing I am concerned with is where to place it. I am attaching a layout done in MS Paint (Sorry, I can't draw a stick figure).

The room is 14' wide and 20' deep. The screen is going on the far wall and seating near entry door. From what I understand, it is best for me to center the screen on the wall it is going on. However, since the entry door is on the same back wall as the riser will be, I can not center it against the back wall, would have to be offset to the right of the door.

My other option is to place the riser centered in the room, but forward enough to give enough room for the door to open fully, but not sure if this would be awkward to have to walk around a platform as soon as you enter the room.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
riser.jpg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I would move the platform forward, much better from a sound perspective. If you think it will be too awkward or narrow to walk around, you can always leave off a seat on one edge making the platform off center in the room. This might help with staggering seats so the back row is looking between heads.

room.JPG

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think about most of the multiplexes I go to now.

You walk in the back door to the theater itself and have to turn either right or left behind a wall to then walk forward to the seating. Moving the platform forward would create a situation not dissimilar to this. Maybe you could do something clever with movie posters along the wall as people enter the room.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks