What's new

Help with PS2/PS1 memory cards. (1 Viewer)

Rob N

Agent
I have a PS2 and my family plays both PS1 and PS2 games on it. I use both PS1 and PS2 memory cards. I have no problem saving/loading games from these cards. My problem is that some games appear to be slot specific. For instance, I can only access the PS1 memory card for "Harry Potter" (PS1 game) if the PS1 memory card is in slot one. However, "Spyro" (also a PS1 game) can access the memory card regardless of what slot it is in. I find the same problem with some of the PS2 games (Madden 2002/Splashdown) we play.. Some will only access certin memory cards slots.

Is there a way to set the PS2 system or the games up so it knows which slot (1 or 2) the necessary memory card is in? It get's tiring having to switch the cards from slot 1 to 2 all the time. I usually keep my PS2 memory card in slot 1 and my PS1 memory card in slot 2.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Based on my experience with PS1/PS2, it's completely up to the game developer whether they allow you to choose which slot you access data from.

Yep, it's annoying having to swap memory cards but I don't think there is any way around it on our end.

Jeremy

ChrisV

Second Unit
Yeah, this is one of my pet peeves. Why they can't build this functionality into every game is beyond me. Consider the incredible graphics, the amazing AI, and the deep and involved gameplay that these people can implement, then consider that they can't seem to make the game check both slots for a memory card with a saved game on it. :rolleyes

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Many GameCube games only recognize cards in the first slot, too. I find that games focused at broader audiences do this and not games that are demographic specific. I guess its because most people instinctly put the cards in the first slot and find managing two slots at once too confusing or something.

Hugh M

Second Unit
here's a fun one as well...the new wwf smackdown for the PS2 takes up 4MB on the memory card. man, I really don't want to have to buy more of these things. hard enough to keep up with the digital camera.

by the way Morgan, I used to live over in Eagle apartments (along with every other 20 something) then CO now CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks