What's new
World Wide Stereo

HDMI switching (1 Viewer)

Schadow

Auditioning
Real Name
George Morefield
All three of the HDMI ports on my 42" LCD TV are full and I want to add a component which uses HDMI. I thought that a simple 'T' connector would suffice since the new component would not be running at the same time as the other the other component of the 'T' arrangement was running. The guy at the HH Gregg store said that a 'T' connector wouldn't work since all components equipped with HDMI in the system 'talk' to each other even when they are not 'on'. He said a HDMI switch was the only solution. Besides, said he, a HDMI 'T' connector doesn't exist.

Is this correct? And, if so, any input on HDMI switches would be appreciated.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Al_S

Second Unit
I purchased a 4 port HDMI switch from Monoprice.com and it's worked great. I am currently using it with a PS3 and a Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD player. I was using it for my PC too but the DVI to HDMI cable I was using seemed to make my Windows desktop seem a little fuzzy. That wasn't the switch though it was the cable so I went back to DVI.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Since the Monoprice one is on backorder - here's a similar and also very nice HDMI switch from Oppo - it's 1.3 certified, got a remote, gets good owner reviews on Amazon and can be had for under $100.

Oppo HM-31 HDMI switch

*Note - it is a 3x1 and the one at Monoprice is a 4x1*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks