What's new

Hdmi cables (1 Viewer)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
So I need some more hdmi cables a Ethernet cable and some usb to micro usb cables. I was gonna order all together from monoprice cause I gotta get a bigger gauge micro usb for charging. I was looking at the hdmi and they have a lot of choices and Idk which One I really need any help please

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Idk which one I would need

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422768100294.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422768100294.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 35

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I always buy the least expensive HDMI cables that seem to have sufficiently sturdy connectors at each end. I was once suckered into spending $119.95 on a single HDMI cable, of just one meter in length. Later for a mere $25, I bought a pack of 3 HDMI cables which are each 2 meters in length. After making a careful A-B visual comparison of the high priced and low priced HDMIs, utilizing a well calibrated Panasonic P58VT25 plasma, (same TV that was the unanimous 1st place choice of all 30 professionals at the Sept 2010 Value Electronics Flat Panel Shoot Out) absolutely no visual difference existed in the Blu-ray images provided by the cables. We're talking digital signals, folks. Just combinations of ones and zeros. Unless there is a break in a cable, there should be no difference, because a signal either gets through, or it doesn't. And unlike analog signals, digital signals are basically immune to picking up interference along the way. So all these manufacturers who are promoting HDMI cables that are claimed to offer superior performance due to having some exotic metal, or intricate construction, are simply ripping off the public.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
bjballar41 said:
Run is only gonna be at most 6ft maybe 10 if I need to
"Long" is greater than 35ft.

Excellent post above.

I bought the bulk of my HDMI cables 5 years ago. Vanco changed the terminal connector style (shortened it). All the old ones(we are talking wholesale pricing here) went from $2.75-$5.85(3 feet to 12 feet) to $.65-$1.75.

These were the ones selling on Amazon for $12.50-$38.00.

I bought 80 some. I still have around half of them.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I usually do just buy the cheaper ones from Amazon. Twisted pairs I think was the brand. I just didn't know which one on mono I was just trying to keep them coming all together

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Then why not buy some more from Amazon?

In your orders, you can look at everything you've ever bought. Each line will have a "buy more" button.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Cause the only place I could find that micro usb cord was mono it's a 24/26 gauge so it would charge my phone as fast as stock cord does

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Lg g3. I tried a longer cord and it was noticeably smaller in size compared to the one that came with it and it wouldn't even charge it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
bjballar41 said:
Lg g3. I tried a longer cord and it was noticeably smaller in size compared to the one that came with it and it wouldn't even charge it.
LG G3 uses slimport.

I have that phone. It does not charge over HDMI.

My SlimPort adapter has USB(think all of them do) for power/charging.

USB to charge it are hit and miss. They are cheap. Buy several different ones.

I have at least 12 different USB. Probably bought 20.

5 different cars, each with a charger.
Two houses, each with a charger on each floor and in the master bedroom.

Probably have 5 USB power adapters that sit unused with several USB thrown in the trash.

Phones/tablets in use between 5 people...

Ipad 1 and 2
LG Pad 8.3
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2 and another one(smaller)
Samsung Note 3
Samsung S4
LG G3
Two ipods, gen 4 and 5
Moto Razr
HTC One

Keeping track...sucks

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I know all of what u said lol. Did u read the article? It states which one to get so it will charge the same. I wasn't saying I was gonna use the hdmi to charge it. I was gonna get all the cords at the same place is all I was saying

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I would get the one in the middle is what I was talking about

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422828327411.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422828327411.png
    557.8 KB · Views: 33

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes I read it. The same USB that works for the G3, does not necessarily work with Samsung.

But, if you put in "G3" in your search for a USB...

BJC, Amazon etc all list compatibility. 28/24 is not "required" for the G3.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I'll give that a shot and see if that works. Just don't wanna waste money and it not work

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks