What's new

Hawaii Five-O - Any Interest Out There? (1 Viewer)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I believe "Bored, She Hung Herself" has never aired on UK TV, so that casts doubt in my mind that we'll get the episode. :frowning:

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Season 3 is official!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Haw...-Season-3/8179

This is probably my favorite season of the 12, even better than Season 2, with very few stinkers in the mix and 2 fantastic Wo Fat episodes (1 of which is a 2-parter). Not to mention a great roster of guest stars including Hume Cronyn, Pernell Roberts, Monte Markham, Vera Miles, Martin Sheen, Eric Braeden, Diana Muldaur, Anne Archer, John Vernon and many more. One of the episodes ("The Bomber and Mrs. Maroney") is a sequel to the Season 1 episode where Danny shot the teen-ager, as the kid's brother takes the Five-0 team hostage with a bomb in their offices. Another one features the murder of Danny's girlfriend, and yet another one features McGarrett getting blown up on a boat. Great stuff, the most exciting season to date!

A couple wishes for this new set (although I'm not holding my breath):
-Original opening credits with 'James MacArthur as Dan Williams' (season 2 got this wrong)
-I hope they include the missing season 2 episodes "Bored She Hung Herself" due to the fan uproar
-More behind-the-scenes interviews and retrospectives

Amazon sales of season 2 appeared to be very healthy (it cracked the top 40 for a few days if I recall) so hopefully season 3 will continue this trend and we can expect season 4 by summer 08. At least with season 3 we will be 25% of the way through the series in less than a year!

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So excited that this is coming. Is the Hume Cronyn episode the "monopoly" story of go directly to jail, do not pass go. If it is, I am eagerly awaiting this season, one of my all time favorites.

Doug

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
Great news. Glad to see these sets are getting cranked out fast, pick up the pace even more!

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

Yes, you are correct. The first of the two Hume Cronyn episodes is titled "Over 50? Steal" and aired midway through Season 3 (11/25/70). In this episode, he played Lewis Avery Filer and left the monopoly cards at the scene of the crimes. He appeared as Filer again in Season 4's "Odd Man In" in which he breaks out of prison and swindles a mobster in a cocaine caper. His first appearance is the best of the two.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
It looks like the Second Gift Card I'll invariably get during the Holidays is accounted for! I'll be redeeming it for Season 3 on 1/22/08 ;)

(The First one will be for Galactica 1980 on 12/26) :cool:
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
:)
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
:P
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
:D
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So glad this episode is in this season. I really enjoyed that episode. I did'nt know that there was a sequel. I will also be on the lookout for that one.

Doug

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Box art and disc/episode count from today's posting on TVShowsOnDVD...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Haw...3-Box-Art/8194

I think the Season 3 box looks better than the Season 2 box. Since there are 24 episodes on 6 DVD's like with Season 2, it's doubtful there will be any significant bonus features or bonus episodes. Hopefully we will get more of the episodic previews that they featured on Season 2.

Mister-Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Quigley
There are rumours that the release of season two in Australia on November 8th will contain Bored She Hung Herself. I am very skeptical about this -- info that is appearing on line on various Australian DVD store sites is similar to that in North America which said that this episode would be included, up to and after the release date in July.

Furthermore, this would require putting 5 shows on one DVD (approx. 250 minutes). While this is not a lot more than the total time for a dual-layer DVD, I'm just wondering have there ever been any releases of TV shows on DVD which approached this limit (other than those on low-budget or public domain releases)?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

Off the top of my head, Universal is putting Galactica 1980: The Complete Series on DVD in December. This show lasted 10 episodes and each episode ran about 49 minutes. The DVD set is being released on 2 single-sided discs, 5 episodes per disc. So while this is not a common practice, it does happen.

I think the inclusion of "Bored She Hung Herself" on the Australian DVD's is pure bullshit just like the misinformation from CBS Paramount in their initial press release here in the U.S. prior to the DVD's release.

chrisBeckett

Agent
The Season 2 episodes have recently been passed at the BBFC and "Bored She Hung Herself" is not one of them, so it looks as though the episode will not be appearing on the UK set.

Would be a real surprise if it is on the Australian set.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Thank-you for the information on the R2 set Chris! At least I know for sure it isn't going to be on there now.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Sony did this several years ago with a couple of single disc releases, "The Best of Charlie's Angels" and "The Greatest 70's Cops Shows." I had recently picked up the "Charlie's Angels" best of disc on a closeout for $3.00 at a Big Lots and it looks OK . . . . nothing spectacular, mind you, but better than one might expect considering that five shows made for a one hour time slot were presented on a single disc. I had no issues with playback.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Got a question regarding watching these discs on an upconvert player. I suspect most of you watch on newer DVD players that are progessive scan and some with upconvert ability.

I just got a new Toshiba A35 HD-DVD player, a first for me in the HDM world.

I took a look at two episodes with it, one being Killer Bee. I noticed that colors are a tad richer and film grain is much more visible, all good stuff! This is a first as I have been watching before using a 7 year old player without progressive scan at 480i on a 1080i display. I noticed a lot of indoor shots seem a tad dark. In fact all darks are darker. Is this what others are seeing? I think my display is calibrated fairly okay using Digital Video Essentials.

I'm not sure what I am seeing, the Toshiba says it's outputing 1080i! I assume it's really upconverted to 720i, but perhaps the player is outputting 1080i. I also sampled an episode of Star Trek TOS and it was terrific as well. Since I know Star Trek much better, I can see lots more detail and film grain. Very cool.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Check your upscaler on your dvd player I think you be happier with 720p setting even if a 1080p lcd/plasma tv,720 progressive scan will always look better than 1080 interlace picture, if your upscaler dvd player and tv support 1080p go with that, Progressive scan alway looks better than interlacing. But general most up scaler dvd players dont support 1080p but if your player is a hd dvd/blueray player, check to see if it has 1080p support for regular dvd. But from what I read at avs forums , here and elsewhere if your hdtv is only a 720p set you'd be better off running the dvd upscaler at 720p which is your hdtv's its native 720p resolution it will look better;)

Real Name
warren
Does anyone know if the Australian DVD has bored she hung herself. All the web sites in oz have the episode listed. And there doesn't appear to be any disclaimers on the box.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

A poster from the yahoo groups 'Hawaii Five-0' email forum on 11/22/07 posted that she lives in Australia and had received a copy of the set for that region. It was NOT included, despite what the websites said.

Real Name
warren

Was there any disclaimer on the box.

That is a major mess by Parmount and the web sites for advertising something that is not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks