What's new

Hawaii Five-O - Any Interest Out There? (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

While I do not know about the Australian release's box, the Region 1 version did have a disclaimer on the box noting it was not featured in the set.

If I recall correctly, CBS DVD never indicated it would be a complete season set in their press release (at least in the Region 1 version). Some websites erroneously reported that it would be complete, and by association would include "Bored".

Real Name
warren

oviusly there has been a communication breakdown between Paramount and the retailers regarding the missing episode.

I did a google search and all the web sites in oz have it listed. I also found one retailer claiming it is the complete FIVE-O - SEASON 2 (COMPLETE) (HAWAII FIVE-O): Dvds: BIGWentertainment com au

If this is correct and the episode is not available that means these web sites and retailers are in serious breach of the trade practices act. Which means they could be fined if a consumer puts in a complaint to the ACCC.

Zardon

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
I have my doubts that this missing episode even exists, or else it would have been available everywhere by now.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

I can verify the episode does exist. I have a copy of it that was made from a 16mm print.
Since the episode was suppressed from being rerun on CBS and never put into syndication due to the nature of the episode and the person's death that was attributed to it, there may be legal reasons why it could not be included. Or possibly the original film elements were in such poor quality that CBS didn't wish to go to the trouble and expense of creating a digital master. Obviously CBS/Paramount was aware of the episode or they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of putting the disclaimer on the box.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank

Your impeccable logic strikes again. So, because an episode isn't syndicated, therefore it must not exist. Or else it would be "everywhere". And just how do you suppose it would get everywhere? When it aired 40 years ago, VCRs and home recording didn't exist. Prints were never struck for syndication on the episode so there weren't tons of 16mm prints sent out to stations. But it is around in collectors' circles anyway, which I'm sure you never went to the trouble to investigate. Much better to just instigate people with asinine comments.

Welcome back. We didn't miss you.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There is simply no reason to be so hostile towards another member. Please review our posting guidelines again. Thank you.

Crawdaddy

Zardon

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
Well, at least you behaved yourself in the other topics you posted in today (so far). Here you are attacking me again. Let's try to keep it civil FULL-TIME, OK? :)

Now to get to the heart of the matter, if 16 mm prints exist of "Bored She Hung Herself" then surely DVD format bootleg copies would have been circulating and everyone would have a copy by now. There's something worth investigating. ;)

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Boy, if ever HTF "posting guidelines" needed an amendment, I've got a couple to offer. And right now I can't get former NHL player Ken Linseman off my mind for some reason...

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

They are indeed out there in circulation, but we are not able to discuss them in the forum, and for good reason. I also doubt most people have them. Not to mention, it's an awful episode, right down in the sewer with the season 12 shows.

Real Name
warren
Okay guys what can be done to put pressure on Paramount to release Bored she hung herself. I realize the episode might be rubbish as some people here have said. How ever thats not the point. Paramount should include this on the DVD and people can be the judge of that.

I understand some boy died because he copied what was done in the episode. If Paramount are going to be the censor then most of there tv shows and movies wouldn't be released because they would be far worse than Five 0.

I have email Paramount i don't know if this will do any good but i guess if everyone did this then maybe some thing might happen.

I also don't believe this is a legal issue. I think it is more of a moral stance and a knee jerk reaction taken by Paramount at the time. And i would say some exc at the time would have said the episode would never be released.

Dont forget i think you would find the excs would have been in shocked at the time when the boy died.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
I wish Paramount would change the DVD cases. All of my cases are missing some of the hub "teeth", since they are in the same spot on ether side. :frowning:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Our posting guidelines don't need to be amended, but certain posting behavior needs to be.

If anybody has a problem with any member being disruptive in a thread then report the post and allow the administrators to deal with that person. Don't escalate the situation by becoming engaging that individual with your comments or actions.

Crawdaddy

Mister-Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Quigley
Things are not starting well for the fifth season box set which is due in November.

As you can see from the artwork at tvshowsondvd.com and on my WWW site (http://www.mjq.net/fiveo), Zulu as Kono is pictured on the front cover (he got fired at the end of the fourth season). This has allegedly been reported to Paramount to fix.

You would think that Paramount would be a little more careful in light of the Fugitive music debacle.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I so want the Kono cover to make it to the marketplace.

Far as a new 5-0 series, if it gets the season sets out at a faster clip like Beverly Hills 90120 is, I'm all for it. There's still 7 seasons left. Who wants to wait 3 more years?

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I remember that there was a Five O movie that was made but never aired. Gary Busey was one of the stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks