What's new

Hawaii Five-0 Season 4 Rumored for June 08 (1 Viewer)

Mister-Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Quigley

Nope, the SPCA will not be happy about the Region 1 version. The cockfight is there. There is a brief view of it, then the Albert Paulsen character talks to this big Hawaiian guy, and there is another view of the fight, when people separate the birds. I have put a couple of screen captures here:

Index of /fiveo/images/chickens

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Hey I can honest say I wasnt upset by the cock fighting , it wasnt gratuitous, sense the "lennie" like character most important possession was that crazy bird. A being a life time member of PETA (people who eat tasty animals) :eek: it would be wierd for me to worry about to chickens fight each other because the loser might end up at KFC and make good eating LOL:P :laugh: ;) :D :laugh: :P

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
^^
Actually, you're a member of the OTHER P.E.T.A.! (And so am I!):laugh:

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
The cockfighting discussion raises an interesting question: there was a similiar cockfighting scene featured in the season 1 episode "Pray...Love...Remember"; was that also removed from the Region 2 Season 1 release?

Mister-Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Quigley

According to the BBFC site, this episode was passed uncut.

The chickens in this show are not shown fighting. The two guys (one of whom is the late Ron Feinberg, playing the "Lennie" character referred to above) are holding the chickens which are itching to fight, but the birds never come into contact with each other between the beginning of the scene and when McGarrett and Kono enter the building.

Feinberg had some interesting comments on his role in this episode at the 1996 Five-O convention: My Report on the 1996 Five-O Conventions

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys- Just a quick thought on Season 4 so far. I've been making my way through it and just watched The 90 Second War. As MisterMike's reviews on his site say, part 1 is so much better. Part 2 is like a totally different show! I recall seeing this a few times in syndication, but without the benefit of seeing part one and I never fully understood what what going on, till now.

Seems Hawaii Five-0 liked to take these excursions into espionage every once in a while. The whole bit in the Diamond Head crater so was James Bond! I found it interesting it was written by John D.F. Black. His shows are usually really good, I thought this one was okay. And the guest stars for this show was pretty high level people who were almost all wasted.

When they stayed true to the cop genre, the show usually hits all cylinders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks