Hawaii Five-0 Season 4 Rumored for June 08

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jeff*H, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    Hawaii Five-O DVD news: Rumors for Hawaii Five-O - Season 4 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Per tvshowsondvd.com, CBS Paramount is looking at June for a season 4 release, coming 5 months after the January season 3 release.

This season had another great 2-hour espionage thriller with Wo Fat, along with a number of great guest stars. Some highlights: Buddy Ebsen guest stars in a great episode about a traveler's check scam, Herbert Lom guest stars in the season opener as a millionaire who is implicated in a murder, and Jackie Cooper has a nice turn about a man who is framed for a murder by a devious doctor. Also, one of my favorite all-time episodes is featured this season, about a clever psychopath who leaves cryptic clues announcing his plans to murder someone and Five-0 must race the clock to figure out who the victim will be.

While not quite as strong as seasons 2 and 3, it still is a very solid season packed with a number of great episodes, and completes 1/3 of the 12-season series. This also marks Kono's last season, and recurring characters Duke and John Manicote make their first appearances starting this season.

Bravo to CBS Paramount for putting out 4 quality releases in the span of 16 months. Let's cross our fingers and hope the next 4 seasons are equally fast (season 5 has the classic 3-part Vashon episode).

2. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I am in for season 4. Might have to NetFlix it for season 5 and onward. The Kono years seemed the best to me, just so happens. I know the creator of the series died during season 5. Maybe thats why it lost some steam for me.

3. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Get ready for volume sets with hawaii five-o down down the road! Atleast if your stopping with 4 sets you might be safe [​IMG]

4. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    I am fully expecting that to occur somewhere around season 5 or 6, and will continue to purchase them even if they double the price because I love it so much. THere are very few other shows I can say that about. Hopefully the sales attrition between seasons is below 50%.

5. Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn Supporting Actor

I'm in at least until season 8 or 9. I think I can live without the last couple of years, certainly the 12th and final season.

6. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
  7. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

Wow! Love the sunset artwork. It really IS eye-catching. I also like the fact that the release date should be right around the same time that a certain online etailer has their semi-annual 20% off sale (fingers crossed).

8. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes

And if we keep our fingers crossed, we might see Season 5 Released in time for everyone's favorate day: [​IMG] BLACK FRIDAY![​IMG]

9. bmasters9

bmasters9 Supporting Actor

Ben Masters
    The upcoming S4 release will be a definite purchase for me-- I am a huge "Five-O" fan myself, and I already have 1-3, so #4 should fit in quite nicely.

10. Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell Second Unit

I'm starting to fall in love with CBS/Paramount....twice with H-50 and Odd Couple same day releases.....

11. jim_falconer

jim_falconer Supporting Actor

And I just ordered season 3...what excellent news!

(*and thank you again Paramount for not spliting up Hawaii Five O's season sets...*)

12. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

Four down, eight to go. [​IMG]

13. jim_falconer

This is now up for pre-order at Amazon.

And perhaps one of the mods could change the subject title...seeing as it's release is no longer a rumor.

14. Montytc

Montytc Stunt Coordinator

I am still working my way through Season 2, but I am happy to see this show on such a fast track for its releases. It's a much better problem to fall a little behind instead of being frustrated by a slow release schedule or having a favorite series abandoned.

15. Brian GT

Brian GT Agent

I'll be ready to buy the day it's released.

16. jim_falconer

Just about 6 weeks to go for this...can't wait!

17. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    TV Shows On DVD should be getting a shot of the rear packaging any day now, given how many of CBS's other June DVD's have had them appearing on the site recently.

There's also a rumor on the Five-0 home page based on comments from a studio insider that Season 5 is being prepped for mid-November/early-December. Season 5, as all Five-0 fans know, features the classic mob story arc 'V For Vashon', one of their greatest storylines. Hopefully this rumor is accurate. That means we would have 5 seasons in 20 months, and be almost at the halfway point in the series.

18. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes

I already have it Pre-Ordered! [​IMG]

19. jim_falconer

Wow...thanks for the heads-up. That is excellent news!

20. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff