What's new

Hawaii Five-0 Season 4 Rumored for June 08 (1 Viewer)

Rich56

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
I'm in for a couple of more seasons anyway. I think the show really hit its stride in season 3. Better stories,peformances etc. A little disappointed in the lack of any special features since the first season but given most of the cast is gone maybe that's understandable.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Well honestly I like s1 thur s4 the best , but I continue to buy the show till about s8 when the quality writing and acting really drop off. Honest it would be nice to have QUALITY extra features and episode commentaries, but sadly 98% of the people involve with Hawaii 5-0 are dead, and honestly Ive watch and listened to TOO MANY "extra features" that have nothing to do with the series Im watching, make you wonder if all hollywood peeps are nuts, on drugs or both and have left me with the feeling how can I get that 30 minutes of my life back, I honestly dont miss the extras all that much. Honestly what Im looking for is HIGH QUALITY VIDEO AND AUDIO captures first and foremost, like S1-S3 of Hawaii Five-0 have, if some cool relevant extra features are included in the price that cherry on the top of the sunday , but if it a budget choice between extras or high quality captures , I vote for high quality captures hands down:D ;)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Were there many episodes from seasons 1-3 edited for the DVD sets? I read on the IMDb forum I think, that there weren't many or many clear edits. The running time for most episodes on Region 2 are 49 minutes or over (source: the BBFC) and on Region 1 they're around 51 minutes. So there can't be many edits. I've answered my own question! :laugh:

Very much looking forward to the R2 release of season four on 1st September. That and the hopeful announcement of season five on TVShowsOnDVD (including the front and rear artwork and Jack Lord episode promos news) I hope come before the end of this year.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

I'm kind of uncertain about getting #5 myself, because I'm approaching the end of Kono's run, and I think that Kono was a huge reason why I purchased the first four seasons' worth. To me, "Five-O" stands to lose something without the original quartet of Steve, Danno, Kono, and Chin Ho. Sure, Danno and Chin Ho will stick around a little longer (Chin Ho to 1978, and Danno to 1979), but I'm still unsure about purchasing any more seasons now that Kono will be out of it.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Richard, thankfully these episodes have been primarily edit free. One S2 episode was withdrawn from circulation after the initial airing and is not included and there are various 2 hour MOW that are presented as 2 part episodes here. However these releases have retained the original music and lengths for virtually all the episodes.

I plan on buying these for as long as CBS/P will release them. In my opinion, Kono is not a pivotal character for me.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
24 seconds were edited from the season 3 episode "Trouble in Mind" near the beginning after the opening credits. It was one of the songs sung by Nancy Wilson (the other 3 songs were included).

The only other alteration I have noticed is the same that has occurred in the current syndication package: the opening credits from season 1 are re-used in seasons 2-4 (they are supposed to say 'Dan Williams' instead of 'Danny').

If you are not sure whether to get season 5 or not, I have 3 words that should convince you to: V For Vashon. This is the classic 3-parter that was arguably the best storyline of the entire series.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Is there an Hawaii Five-O episode guide?
I vaguely remember an episode of a series program in which the detective has to reluctantly let a scientist die who has become poisoned with a weaponized bacillus. The scientist has to be immolated (burned alive) or he will contaminate everyone. For some reason I think it was an episode of Hawaii Five-O, although I can't say for certain. Do any of you knowledgeable fans remember this story line?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

I think the episode you are referring to is a two-parter from the second season, "3 Dead Cows at Makapuu", now available on DVD.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

According to epguides.com the only extended-length episodes were the pilot; the season openers for S8 ("Murder--Eyes Only"), S9 ("Nine Dragons"), and S12 ("A Lion in the Streets"); and the S11 finale ("The Year of the Horse"). I wonder if some of the two-parters were edited into two-hour TV movies for syndication.

Speaking of Mike Quigley's Five-0 site, linked in Bob's post above: Unless I never noticed this, Mike's recently added a "book 'em" or "book 'em, Danno" icon in his episode guides next to the titles of episodes where McGarrett utters one of those commands. I have watched several episodes at random from all four DVD sets and managed not to catch a single "Book 'em, Danno" until the S4 set (looks like I missed at least one, though, from an earlier set).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I just noticed that the Season 4 DVD review thread has closed. Was there a reason for this happening?

How many episodes in the Region 1 set have Jack Lord episode promos? The BBFC passed 17 episode promos a few weeks ago. I just wondered if there was any difference between the Region 1 and Region 2 sets.

Season 4 comes out here on 1st September.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
FYI, Hawaii Five-0: Season 5 will be coming out November 18th, confirmed by a source at CBS-Paramount. There should be an official announcement soon.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

always good news. sounds like Nov-Dec is going to be a heavy month of releases.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
CBS-Paramount will also be releasing a multi-pack collection of the first 5 seasons on Nov. 18th as well, similiar to what they are doing with Mission: Impossible in October. The official announcement on this should be coming soon too.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Jeff - thanks for the great news!

The Paramount syndication bible makes no mention of S5 being remastered to HD; hopefully they're just a bit behind on updating that site. Despite some reports that S4 wasn't as crisp as the prior seasons, I had no complaints at all about it and found it to look exceptional overall.

Question for Five 0 experts: there is one episode in S5 called "Little Girl Blue". Is this going to be a music problem leading to an edited episode? According to the Gomer Pyle thread, an episode of that series featuring this song was snipped to remove it. Does the Five-0 episode have a performance of this song or is this just a title?

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Very kool, Jag s7, hawaii five-0 s5, and hopefully Ironside s3 would all mke very nice christmas gifts
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
:emoji_thumbsup:

jim_falconer

Screenwriter

First Adam-12: Second Season next month, and now Hawaii 5-O: Fifth Season coming late fall. Seeing how these are my two favorite cop shows of all-time...great news indeed.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
On the Region 1 boxset of the fourth season of Hawaii Five-O, was the episode "Nine, Ten, You're Dead" cut by a few seconds, to remove a sight of a cock fight? The BBFC passed all 24 episodes of season four this past week and cut 7 seconds from this episode stating it was the sight of a cock fight as the reason for the 7 second cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks