Has been there a BOGO Blu-ray deal since Warner went exclusive?

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by chris_clem, Feb 11, 2008.

1. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

We all love our Amazon BOGO deals. Because of it I've expanded my Blu-ray collection quite rapidly. However, I haven't seen one since Warner went exclusive.

Am I wrong? Barring another BOGO, where are the best deals these days? I've been spoiled and refuse to pay $23-25 for these, [​IMG]

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I keep checking JR.com to see if they have brought back their sale that had Sony Blurays for $9.99 each and quite a few for $13.99. I had about ten titles in my shopping cart trying to choose which I actually wanted. I went back a day or two too late. [​IMG]

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

There was at least one BOGO that I can recall quite clearly because some in HTF claimed it would be over, and were clearly refuted by it.

On a local level, Frys Electronics in Los Angeles continues to have good deals (and an occasional BOGO) on HDM for both BD and HD-DVD.

4. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

C'mon Amazon! Give us some kind of Blu-ray deal! I havn't bought a BD since the buy 2 take 1 deal last month!

5. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I got Crimson Tide, and Con Air last week from a good Amazon deal. They were only $15 each. I rented 30 Days of Night this week on Blu, and while i would own it, not for $27. For that matter, i wont own much at that price point. Now the $20 Warner Blu-rays, yea, i am usually on those. Everything else, i wait for a sale.

6. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Don't forget there's a $10 rebate in some of those Disney releases, eg. Crimson Tide, Con Air, The Rock., for those who are upgrading from DVD. I also bought The Rock and Crimson Tide from Amazon for $15 each recently, and they did come w/ the rebate form inside. Now I just have to get myself to cut out the PoPs from the back for those rebates. [​IMG]

_Man_

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I think it's one rebate per customer, though - you can get it for one of those movies, but not all three.

8. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW

Has anyone actually confirmed this? I thought it wasn't too clear before.

_Man_

9. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    For the first time, the buy-1-get-1-free deal from Columbia House the other day was valid on BDs and HD-DVDs. It had free shipping, too! That only comes around once a year or so.

10. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW

Hopefully, Columbia House will soon offer BDs in their intro offers so we don't have to join via their DVD offers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

_Man_