What's new

Harry Potter DD EX? (1 Viewer)

Paul Chiappini

Stunt Coordinator
Does Harry Potter contain a 5.1 or 6.1 track?
The packaging states DD EX 5.1. I thought EX was 6.1, but maybe they now consider it all-encompassing. Can't wait to hear EX mono or EX 2.0. :)

Marc-Andre

Auditioning
The rear center channel is matrixed into the 2 rear surrounds, that's why they don't call it 6.1...

RajeeK

Second Unit
Does anybody know if the disk has the Dolby Digital EX flag on it? I have a Pioneer 49TX and it does not seem to recognize it is a EX disk. I thought this disk was flagged, I may be incorrect though. Right now I am setting EX manually. Anybody know????

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Well, I have a Denon 2802 and it not not finding that it is EX. It just says Dolby D. But the rear speakers are being used though.

Travis D

Second Unit
Does EX require a bitrate of 448? I noticed it today since it was very out of character for Warner. To my knowledge, they have never done this before.

SvenS

Second Unit
A large majority of DD-EX DVD's are not flagged as DD-EX even though they are, so you must have you receiver do it manually (my Sony has Auto, On, or Off for 6.1 decoding) to acheive the DD-EX.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks