What's new

Harmony 890 (1 Viewer)

Stan Welks

Stunt Coordinator
I do not want to spend much time programming or learning how to use a remote. I am being offered a pretty good price on a logitech Harmony 890 so I am wondering what you guys think of it? Is it a good remote? Is it relatively easy to use without having to spend lots of time learning? I want to use it to replace the remotes for my LCD, AppleTV, Blu Ray player and receiver.

Thanks!

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Stan, the 890 is an excellent remote, I just set one up for a family member. It's fairly straightforward to setup, typically takes only 30 mins if you have a simple system. Simply enter your devices, set up your activities (Watch TV, Play Blu-Ray, etc), select your audio and video inputs on the TV and receiver, then upload this to the remote via USB.

It will take another 30 mins if you need to wire and set up the RF receiver to blast IR through a cabinet.

Logitech support is great to deal with. Highly recommend this remote.

Cheers,
Alon

Stan Welks

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your reply.

My Denon AVR-3808CI (bought used) has two remotes though no instruction manual :-(

Is one of them a universal remote?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks