What's new

Replacing Harmony 880 with RF remote (proberbly Harmony)..... advise (1 Viewer)

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I am on my third 880 in 4-5 years. The problem is the volume button keeps becomming less and less sensative due to the some what indirect line to my Onkyo AVR. Moving the AVR is not an option. I am considering a Harmony 890, or the 900. My DTV box is RF capable, can I enable the RF mode on the sat box and control it independantly of the remotes RF/IR converter system? This would mean I could purchase the newer 900 (only 2 IR blasters) as opposed to the 880 (4 IR blasters but I think no longer made) Any help is very appreciated. Stiffy

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I guess you missed the section above this one - Members' Theaters, HT Projects, Remotes, Seating, Accessories & Lighting Harmony remotes can't natively control an RF DirecTV box. You will still need to leave it in IR mode. You can replace the IR blasters that come with the Harmony and use a dual head blaster like this - http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Stick-Ir-Emitters-Smarthome/dp/B0007N72X8/ref=pd_cp_e_3

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Thanks Robert, Yup, I missed The forum. I went with the 900, Got a good deal on a refurb from logitech $170 with warranty.Cheaper than any equals I have seen on e-bay. Thanks for the link to the IR blasters, I may not need them we will see. P.S. I have found I can mute my AVR and no sub "POP" when I adjust my celling fan. Sometimes you just have to find a "work around" Thanks again Stiffy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks