What's new

Grimm Season Five (2 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
NeilO said:
From the Bitsie Tulloch fan site:

After the ugly turn at the end of last season, I'd say the show is better for that. As far as Adalind, the relationship is pretty darned weird so far this season.

I am looking forward to seeing what Trubel has to say for herself in the next episode.

It's funny that she's (Bitsie) in a relationship with Nick in the real world. I think she said she still hangs around the set sometimes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Greg_S_H said:
It's funny that she's (Bitsie) in a relationship with Nick in the real world. I think she said she still hangs around the set sometimes.
She more than just hangs around the set.
Some of you were right about her not being dead.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
From the end the question is if she will be the big bad or is with them..

I'm gonna say the latter, since it looks to me like HW turned her into a WH...

HW - Hadrian's Wall, the government group that Chavez, Meissner and now Trubel are part of.
WH - Weaponized Hexenbiest, a term I just made up. :)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I enjoy this show as my Friday night marker of the end of the workweek, and as a Portlander, it is great to see the city I work and play in on this show. (It was also great being called to be an extra; I couldn't do it because it would've made me miss work at my real job.) I also bumped into both leads on the street one day while walking to a bookstore on my lunch break..

But this show is uneven and some storylines just get dropped (Remember when Nick was becoming sorta superhuman after he got that goo in his eyes a few seasons ago?) and I wish it was better at planning the long term story & character arcs, as it seems like it is not very well thought out.

I don't expect every show to be RD Moore's Battlestar Galactica, but it seems like Grimm does not even have a "show Bible" and that they just wing it in terms of too many things. I suppose those keys that meant so much last season have become nothing to worry about now.

With that said, I like where the show is going now with Trobul, larger hidden groups and their influences behind the scenes, but the Adalind & Nick thing is just another example of this show being way too comfortable making seismic shifts in characters' relational trajectories.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They really dropped that business of Nick going cold and having no vital signs. Maybe that's the same as the goo you were talking about.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Yep. I took it as a side reaction to having a grimm recover from being zombified with that goo Baron Samedi spat into his eyes for easy transport.
Greg_S_H said:
They really dropped that business of Nick going cold and having no vital signs. Maybe that's the same as the goo you were talking about.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Craig S said:
I'm gonna say the latter, since it looks to me like HW turned her into a WH...

HW - Hadrian's Wall, the government group that Chavez, Meissner and now Trubel are part of.
WH - Weaponized Hexenbiest, a term I just made up. :)
I am glad that she appears to be sane now. That is a positive turn to the character that I did not expect. The rest of the season should be interesting.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This was a good one. The trailer is getting rebuilt! Or, at least, Nick is getting a really nice replacement inventory. I liked Monroe's suppressed anger when Juliette mentioned the destruction of the original books. Good stuff from Mitchell all around. It seems like sorrow is an emotion that is shrugged off a lot on TV, because they need to move on with the plot and not have a character dwell on it, but I liked how he showed prolonged anguish upon seeing his uncle's body. I don't know, this was one of my favorite episodes to date.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I really good episode all around. A slight surprise that Monroe was able to channel his anger at the right time to good effect. I was thinking he might need more help from Nick.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I remember when the show first started...Whenever Nick was around a Weisen(sp?) he would automatically see their true face. Now, he has met with some and not seen them change. For example when he met the sea monster guy he didn't see his true face.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I remember when the show first started...Whenever Nick was around a Weisen(sp?) he would automatically see their true face. Now, he has met with some and not seen them change. For example when he met the sea monster guy he didn't see his true face.
I'm not sure it was ever automatic. He's able to see their true face when they become emotional and lose control (normal humans still cannot see this unless the Wesen purposely allows them), but if they remain calm they can still hide from Nick. I don't think his mere presence forces them to reveal themselves.

It's similar to when the Wesen don't realize Nick is a grimm until they have woged and apparently can see it in his eyes. If they retain their human form, the Wesen are not revealed to Nick, and his grimm-ness is not revealed to the Wesen.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I'm not sure it was ever automatic. He's able to see their true face when they become emotional and lose control (normal humans still cannot see this unless the Wesen purposely allows them), but if they remain calm they can still hide from Nick. I don't think his mere presence forces them to reveal themselves.

It's similar to when the Wesen don't realize Nick is a grimm until they have woged and apparently can see it in his eyes. If they retain their human form, the Wesen are not revealed to Nick, and his grimm-ness is not revealed to the Wesen.

I agree. Really, the only time Nick saw a true wesen face without some emotional context "bringing them out" was when he saw Adalind's Hexenbiest face in the first episode. But I can rationalize that to be an effect of his Grimm powers initially coming out.

I re-watched some of those first episodes a few months back, and Renard's motivations towards Nick was initially completely different from what he ended up doing only a few more episodes in. He was overtly all about taking Nick out in all his conversations with Adalind in those first few episodes. But that quickly changed.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Once again, I missed a few episodes.

Nick and Adalind are together? Nick's mother killed Adalind's mother, but all is forgiven? Adalind now has this "telekinesis" power, and Juliette is now "Eve"?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Once again, I missed a few episodes.

Nick and Adalind are together? Nick's mother killed Adalind's mother, but all is forgiven? Adalind now has this "telekinesis" power, and Juliette is now "Eve"?

Yep. I've kind of lost interest as the story has gone off the rails. I have a bunch of recent episodes on DVR but haven't felt much like watching them. Maybe I'll save them for summer.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My family have actually been enjoying the show lately. I don't understand the problem anyone here has with it right now. Juliette now being Eve was a good change. There's also the magic stick now... :)
Same here, last night's episode had me laughing for obvious reasons for anybody that watched it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks