What's new

Better Call Saul: Season Six (2 Viewers)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Did anyone else think Jerry from Parks & Rec was going to keel over and die mid-Cinnabon?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Well, with three episodes left, he's bound to make a few more mistakes :) but I think the writers and the audience like Jimmy and want to see him try to make up for the mistakes that he's made as much as possible.
I actually think they were showing that he will always be Slippin' Jimmy and he'll never be able to live a straight life.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
That would surprise me.

Agreed, it’s a different interpretation than I had. To me it seems like he’s right on the cusp of becoming Saul again in some capacity. Just because he didn’t buy that suit at that moment doesn’t mean he’s changed his ways. To me it meant that even the consideration of buying that suit means he’s becoming Saul again. He might not have pulled the trigger this time, but the whole Gene arc has been showing that he’s been weakening. Again, I’m not sure how this whole thing realistically ends for Jimmy/Saul/Gene on a happy note, especially with Kim back in the picture

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I tend to favor the interpretation that this was Slippin' Jimmy's last scam. That is how I read the brief flirtation with the shirt and tie which ended with them back on the rack. I enjoyed the episode well enough, but with only four episodes left I sort of expected something more significant. Maybe that is the point though, that the significant events in Gene's life are through. (?)

Still think Kim will make an appearance; perhaps a happenstance meeting at the Mall? Gene does work at a public venue.

Definitely was toying with the idea that the Jerry was going to keel over considering his weight and the way he was plowing through those buns. Pre-diabetes anyone?

- Walter.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I forget, were the flashback scenes with Kim as a child set in Nebraska?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
And here I thought that the scheming days were in the rear view mirror. Could not have been more wrong. (!!!)

One thing that Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul excel at is the 'caper'. Loved the editing, and the music, for the main break in segment where we see the collection of information. The music really reminded me of an old Lalo Schifrin or Dave Grusin score from the '70s.

The show definitely played a bit coy with the viewers at the phone booth during Gene's call to Titusville, FL. It certainly didn't go the way he hoped, but we are still in the dark to some degree.

Great episode.

- Walter.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Meh. With just 3 episodes left really not interested in yet more "Gene" scheming.

Wasn't even all that into the Walt/Jesse stuff. As cool as it was to see them I don't really feel like any of it filled in any gaps and it was just kind of crowbarred in.

The best part of the episode was Mike telling Saul to steer clear of the amateur chemistry teacher.

So Kim is dead, right?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: Scott's spoiler. I didn't consider that, but it would explain Gene's reaction at the phone booth.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
And here I thought that the scheming days were in the rear view mirror. Could not have been more wrong. (!!!)
Well, they were done until Kim wouldn't talk to him or told him some information that he really didn't like and he "broke bad" again.

So Kim is dead, right?
No chance.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Speculation on another site...

Considering the amount of coverage the topic of cancer received in the episode, perhaps Gene discovered during the phone call that Kim has been diagnosed with cancer and his return to the 'life' was undertaken to support her financially. Might be a bit of a stretch, but there certainly was some focus on that malady in the show Monday evening.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks