What's new

Grey's Anatomy Season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I, too, don't like they way his character has been portrayed. He was the person who was being cheated on, but somehow the writers turned him into the bad guy. Could it be the majority of writers are women? ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think the Burke thing was coming given the onset realities.

Not sure if George is coming back, but if so, he may just drop out of sight given the 2 women who love him, but he's sort in a weird quandry. Izzie sucks, though.

Felt bad for Bailey.

Addison is definitely out of SGH due to Private Practice given the green light for the fall.

Meredith and Derek really do need to go their separate ways, plus Lexie Gray will provide some more temptation for Derek.

Maybe Meredith and Yang will turn into a lesbian couple.

Alec might have pushed away a good thing, then again, maybe not.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I figured Burke was gone, considering all of the controversy Washington was involved in this year. But I'm really disappointed with the twist with George. Here he put in more effort (by margins) then other characters toward the test and had more practical experience then any but maybe Christina..

I don't know, just didn't like it. I was hoping that it would go the other way and he'd be at the top of the class and get to make a choice of the program next.

Lots of dissappointments for all the characters. And man have they turned Izzie into a pretty unlikable character. The bit tonight with George was just ick.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Yeah, it was a very gloom and doom episode for sure. Were their any really high points? Maybe for only Calli? A lot of unanswered questions other than for Addison and maybe the cheif's future with his wife and job...:frowning:

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Uh oh. I'm the only person left that still likes Izzy.

Losing 3 members of the cast seems like a lot.

There were a lot of bummer moments, but Chief and his wife was nice, and Callie got good news even thought her delivery to Izzy was all about combating the connection she knows Izzy shares with George. Her marriage is in a precarious state regardless of the baby on board plans, and she knows it. So even that had elements of, "Bummer."

I still say Alex made the right choice. How dare that chick say she'll stick it out in her marriage unless Alex makes her a better offer. I detest when people do that. Anyway, I'm not sure we've seen the last of that story.

Where things went with Burke and Cristina seemed organic to me. Every indication has been that Cristina loves Burke, but she's not only not big on the whole wedding ceremony thing, but not big on the necessity of marriage itself. In her mind, they could just keep being involved and leave it at that. They depicted it well by having her say "free" and clawing her way out of everything. I'm sure some will see that as just the ceremony part of things, but I saw it as a reaction to "wife" in general.

Kudos to Grey's for having the gumption to say, "Screw happy endings."

P.S. Can someone give me a reminder of who the new Grey is? I'd guess it's one of Thather's daughters with his new family. I vaguely remember him saying one of his daughters was in med school. What was the makeup of that new family (sons/daughters)?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to interrupt, I wanted to see if ABC is really not re-airing the season ender tonight, Friday, as they have been repeating the shows on Fridays? Looks like they'll show the Bingo show. I didn't see it. But no problem, I have access to a recording, just became spoiled now by the HD broadcast!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Thatcher had at least 2 daughters with his 2nd wife, but not sure about any sons. Anyhow, the reveal of Lexie as a new intern and Meredith's half-sister should introduce some really weird love triangle between half-siblings.

GaryEA

Second Unit
The show is starting to go into ER territory - starting as a show with lively characters and intriguing sl's, both away and at bedside. Now it's becoming grim. Very grim. I hope it changes next season.

Personal thoughts:
- It should have been Izzy that failed the exam, not George. She's so preoccupied with everybody else. Dead husband (which was her doing), conflicted about what to do with a huge chunk of money, starting a clinic, falling in love with George, clashing with Callie... can you honestly tell me George wasn't the better doctor?
- Callie (love 'er) should give George an ultimatum, if he's still on the show.
- Poor Bailey. She should be chief.
- "Private Practice" should not be the "fun" show, leaving "Anatomy" to be the "serious" show. Anatomy's strength was the clever handling of the two. The back-door pilot set the contrasting tones for the two shows. Hell, I'd run too if I was Addison.
- Burke is an smug ass. Nobody should have to go through hoops to become a "Burke".

-g

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

What I wonder is... is there any reason George would choose Callie other than the fact that he's already married to her? I know many here like Callie, but have you seen anything that leads you to believe George has a genuine connection and passion for her? It just seems he shares that with Izzy, not Callie. It's as if the marriage was a mistake that he's just trying to make good on.

GaryEA

Second Unit

Callie should issue an ultimatum that forces him to admit everything that he's been hiding from her, especially his failing interest in being her husband (i.e. making good).

She deserves the truth from his mouth, not from interpreting Izzy's guilty facial expressions. Then, no matter what he says, she kicks him to curb (with the unspoken possibility of a reconciliation down the road).

g-

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think Callie thought she was issuing the ultimatum when she said she wanted a baby. I think she felt that was the litmus test - if George would commit, he was in for the long haul.. if not, she knew where he was.

Yeah, I'm really dissapointed it was George. Considering Grey took the test after an emotional breakdown and could barely get through it, Izzie had taken several months off and had to beg to come back in and practice and had her status demoted before she could come back into the surgical program.. I'm dissappointed he was the one who was on the outside looking in.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just downloaded from iTunes. Looks pretty good! Not anamorphic, but widescreen. Better then tape, less then DVD.

So are you guys saying that Isaiah Washington and T.R. Knight have left the show? I didn't know that. I thought they made up.

It was a downer alright except for the Chief.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

So, how old was Merideth when her father remarried? If Merideth is leaving the intern program, and her sister is just entering, the Lexie can't be more than 5 or 6 years older than Merideth. I thought Merideth was older than 4 or 5 when her parents split.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
No, her parents split when she was "very young" that's all tha twas ever really said.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Maybe the "Grey" in "Grey's Anatomy" will become Lexie and Meredith will go away. Am I the only one that would like that? I am sooooo tired of Meredith and this would give use some new characters to follow and the first group (well most anyway) will still be around.

Plus, Lexie is cute. :)

My biggest beef with this show has always been the title character. She was the weakest part. I enjoyed the supporting people much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks