What's new

Got An iPhone 6 battery replacement (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
guys, I went to the Apple store about getting my iPhone 6 battery replaced. I was surprised as I expected they would get my name and contact info and contact me with a date to come back to do the job. Instead I got a place in line for the Genius Bar instead and I waited my turn. A Genius hooked up my iPhone to an iPad and ran a diagnostic. She determined the battery was still 82% and still considered good, but she said it was of course older and not holding a change as long as it used to. She immediately took in back and said it would be ready in an hour. So I went about my shopping, went home had lunch and came back and it was ready. I keep my iPhones in perfect shape and the most worrisome for me was they would nick it or not do a perfect job. It had a few finger prints, but overall, it looked unscathed. That was a nice experience!

I used Coconut Battery for the first time on the advice of a friend. I was able to check the iPhone 6 battery and my iPhone X battery too. Not surprisingly, the capacity of the iPhone X is higher. I’ve also reset all the apps to only use data when the apps are in use, I thought I got them all, but the Genius found a couple I missed. So that should help the batteries last longer on a charge.

deltamind

Grip
Real Name
Roberts Tate
WOW! That is some great customer service and satisfaction at it's peak. I always have good experience with Apple Genius.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I am really pleased! I’m a longtime Apple user and always had good experiences. :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
guys, I went to the Apple store about getting my iPhone 6 battery replaced. I was surprised as I expected they would get my name and contact info and contact me with a date to come back to do the job. Instead I got a place in line for the Genius Bar instead and I waited my turn. A Genius hooked up my iPhone to an iPad and ran a diagnostic. She determined the battery was still 82% and still considered good, but she said it was of course older and not holding a change as long as it used to. She immediately took in back and said it would be ready in an hour. So I went about my shopping, went home had lunch and came back and it was ready. I keep my iPhones in perfect shape and the most worrisome for me was they would nick it or not do a perfect job. It had a few finger prints, but overall, it looked unscathed. That was a nice experience!

I used Coconut Battery for the first time on the advice of a friend. I was able to check the iPhone 6 battery and my iPhone X battery too. Not surprisingly, the capacity of the iPhone X is higher. I’ve also reset all the apps to only use data when the apps are in use, I thought I got them all, but the Genius found a couple I missed. So that should help the batteries last longer on a charge.
Coconut Battery apparently isn’t an app on the iTunes Store, but a zip file can be download from their website. I doing this on my iPad Pro so is this kosher?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I thought coconutbattery was a Mac app and you had to tether your iPhone or iPad to the Mac to see its status. It there an actual iOS app now?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Johnny, the iPhone 6 battery replacement is part of the battery replacement program that Apple initiated after last year’s revelation that Apple has throttled down the iPhone performance when the batteries age to help conserve power. It was such a flap, Apple offered battery replacement for anyone at the lowered price of $29. Previously it was $79.

Coconut Battery is an app for the Mac. It works when you connect the iOS device, an iPhone or iPad to the Mac and the application runs on the Mac to display the battery condition. It shows the number of cycles it’s been through too.

The application also will know the specs of the Mac as well. I realized I could install Coconut on my MacBook Pro and it will tell me the MacBook Pro’s battery condition. I haven’t done that yet.

It’s a free download and I just did a search for it. I found a site that had older versions as my Mac is still on Yosemite.

R

Rodulf44

Got the same experince with my 6 Plus. My battery was going really fast (like half a day) and then was holding 1% for 3h of normal use o.O

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Rodulf on your battery replacement experience! Good to know rye service is the same everywhere.

I was in Shenzhen China this past week for business. In the hotel I stayed, there’s a huge shopping center and a real Apple Store there. I checked it out and it was super busy. I bought the magnetic Apple Watch recharge cable as I forgot mine. Cool that my name is in Apple’s system accessed all over the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks