What's new

2020 iPad and iPhone anticipations! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

that’s the speculation. But also:
however, and it could just be a random date entered for a livestream test, or the date that was used last year as last year's iPhone event took place on Tuesday, September 10.

Apple does not typically hold events on Thursdays, so September 10 would be an unusual choice.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

that’s the speculation. But also:
however, and it could just be a random date entered for a livestream test, or the date that was used last year as last year's iPhone event took place on Tuesday, September 10.

Apple does not typically hold events on Thursdays, so September 10 would be an unusual choice.

I am with you on that.

It did seem very odd for Thursday to be an event day. It seems like it's always on a Tuesday.

The other thing we have been hearing is that some of the announcements -- mainly the Apple Watch (and I think) new iPad will be done via Press Release. So, that date could be related to the press announcement.

I am sure all of this will be solidified very shortly as we head into September.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Big updates to the iPad Air and iPad mini?

“Kuo: Apple Glasses to Launch in 2022 at Earliest, New 10.8-Inch iPad and 9-Inch iPad Mini Coming in 2020/2021 - MacRumors”
Are VR glasses usually worn over prescription lenses? I wonder when we’ll get to the point that VR glasses will have prescriptions that can be adjusted to the user?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Are VR glasses usually worn over prescription lenses? I wonder when we’ll get to the point that VR glasses will have prescriptions that can be adjusted to the user?

My understanding is that you would get your prescription fitted for the VR eyewear. I could be wrong about that. However it seems
people would look silly walking around with essentially 3-D looking glasses over their own

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is a remarkable rumor, and I don't believe it. I don't belive that two months from shipping, Apple is still undecided on the hardware components. At this point, that's all locked down and they're in manufacturing, or very close to it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If this were true I would rather they delay the iPhone 12 Pro launch until they get it right. Otherwise, it's a missing feature that we will have to wait another year for.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
<shrug>
high frame rate screens aren’t deciding factor for me. Pretty far down the list of features I’m looking for. I’d much rather a screen that can dim way down while still looking good for night use.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I missed this rumor from seemingly well-regarded rumorer, Jon Prosser. If true, I may not be able to buy an iphone until November. I was hoping for a tech-dopamine hit in October on the outside, Waiting until November is going to be hard. :)

New, adjusted Apple dates!

Apple Watch & iPad
- Via press release
- Week 37 w/c Sep 7

iPhone 12 event
- Week 42 w/c Oct 12

iPhone 12 devices
- Preorders week 42 w/c Oct 12
- Shipping week 43 w/c Oct 19

iPhone 12 Pro devices
- Preorder and shipping in Nov (no exact date yet)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
w/c is week commencing right? 7th is Labor day so that is out. Rumor is the 10th which is weirdly a Thursday. So either the 8th or 10th if Prosser is right.

Will see but count me in!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yes, “w/c” is week commencing. Totally not obvious and I forgot to copy that explanation in.

Will be watching for iPad release to see if it interests me.

but I think we want iPhone Pro this year? So maybe waiting for November on that,

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
@Ronald Epstein

If you didn't see it, rumors about an ARM MacBook releasing this Fall. My guess has been that Apple will debut its "Apple Silicon" first in a laptop to demonstrate both its speed and battery life. I was starting to think it might be a MacBook Pro to come first, after WWDC. But maybe it will be the MacBook as I was guessing previously.

Caveat rumors. Might all be wrong and we don't see the laptop until 2021. Don't know until we know. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
iPhone rumors are converging. Implied is the big iPhone 12 Pro will have a 120Hz screen.

Also this if you're hoping 5G is a "killer-app" for a $1000 pocket computer:
a few testers have found 5G disappointing with the current 5G networks "not improving connection speeds much."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
iPhone rumors are converging. Implied is the big iPhone 12 Pro will have a 120Hz screen.

Also this if you're hoping 5G is a "killer-app" for a $1000 pocket computer:

Yeah, I think a lot of people are going to be gravely disappointed in 5G.

I provided the YouTube video of Renee Richie (perhaps in this thread) who basically talks about the technology not being at the point where everyone can get optimal speeds. You really need to be very, very close to one of the phone company's 5G transponders to get those incredible speeds and most people don't have that kind of access.

So, if I am understanding this all correctly, the 5G is going to be no faster than 4G for the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks