What's new

Girl from UNCLE? (1 Viewer)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Mine shipped on the 26th . Is scheduled for delivery on Wed . I'll keep my fingers crossed .

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
The 8 movies are FULL SCREEN. They are a bit grainy, but not bad. The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. is also grainy. They could have been remastered, but Im happy with the way they are. At least they got released!

Midnight Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Well, I stand corrected. I just got my shipping notice for GFU and the Movies. Should be here by Thursday or Friday!

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by Kenneth V

The 8 movies are FULL SCREEN. They are a bit grainy, but not bad. The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. is also grainy. They could have been remastered, but Im happy with the way they are. At least they got released!

Thanks for the info, Kenneth. Are any of the trailers for the movies included?

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Here are two caps from the Girl Film U.N.C.L.E. set:
vlcsnap-2011-08-30-19h32m45s235.png
vlcsnap-2011-08-30-19h32m49s19.png

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Can anyone tell me which set the "Mother Muffin Affair" is on? I have to admit this is the only one that interests me. I was hoping this would be included on the Man From Uncle set. If anyone had told me Boris Karloff would play a gangster in drag, I would think disaster. To Karloff's credit he pulled it off. Also I thought there was some chemistry between Robert Vaughn and Stephanie Powers. I've always thought Noel Harrison was a weak lead.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Does anyone know exactly when the two Girl From U.N.C.L.E DVD sets will be available for Canadian fans to purchase thru Amazon's CreateSpace MOD program? Thanks.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
FrancisP said:
Can anyone tell me which set the "Mother Muffin Affair" is on? I have to admit this is the only one that interests me. I was hoping this would be included on the Man From Uncle set. If anyone had told me Boris Karloff would play a gangster in drag, I would think disaster. To Karloff's credit he pulled it off. Also I thought there was some chemistry between Robert Vaughn and Stephanie Powers. I've always thought Noel Harrison was a weak lead.
Volume 1 has this episode on the first disc.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
cherisland said:
Does anyone know exactly when the two Girl From U.N.C.L.E DVD sets will be available for Canadian fans to purchase thru Amazon's CreateSpace MOD program? Thanks.
I think it might be up now. I think I got an email from amazon about it.

dale3

Grip
Real Name
Don
Happy WB released both sets, Girl From U.N.C.L.E. complete series and Man From U.N.C.L.E.-8 movie collection. There is a grain in the video for both sets. Video looks good, even upconverted to 1080p. GFU episodes length are give or take 50 minutes for all 29 episodes. MFU 8 movies- Trailers on each disc run between 1 and over 5 minutes. It would have been nice if both sets were remastered. If you are a fan of the series I recomend both sets. No regrets of purchase, glad to have both sets with cases and artwork. :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The girl from uncle DVD's look better on my HD TV than the man from uncle tv series from timelife does. They both have a little grain but natural grain and I'd prefer it not removed anyways. But Girl has brighter and richer colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks