What's new

"FilmRise TV" DVD sets? (1 Viewer)

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
On the 4th season DVD from Shout Factory, the episode Fly By Night runs about 23:15 and the episode The Night They Raided Daddy's runs about 23:35. I don't know for sure if these episodes are edited or not but I haven't seen versions that run longer so I'm just assuming they are complete and ran a little short originally.
Fly By Night is 23:37 and The Night They Raided Daddy's runs is 24:01 on the new set. Super Reporter from season 5 runs 26:12 and has the ending Tag that was missing in the Shout DVD. The FilmRise and Paul Brownstein Production logos pop up before each episode(not sure if any logos pop up before the Shout Factory DVDs) but that adds about 9 seconds to each episode.

Last edited:

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Fly By Night is 23:37 and The Night They Raided Daddy's runs is 24:01 on the new set. Super Reporter from season 5 runs 26:12 and has the ending Tag that was missing in the Shout DVD. The FilmRise and Paul Brownstein Production logos pop up before each episode(not sure if any logos pop up before the Shout Factory DVDs) but that adds about 9 seconds to each episode.
Thanks for looking into this, sounds to me like the extra few seconds for these episodes on the new DVD set comes from the inclusion of studio and production logos at the start/end of the episodes. If I recall correctly the DVD's from Shout Factory don't include studio and production logos in the episodes.

As far as I know, Super Reporter is the only episode from the Shout Factory DVD's that's edited. Good to know that this new set corrects that error.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks