What's new

Getting “server error” for some functions (1 Viewer)

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
My apologies. The search should be working again now.

The occasional server errors may persistent for another 24 hours or so, unfortunately.

As mentioned previously, we are working on migrating to a new server in the near future. It's going to be quite the endeavor, but will prevent things like this from happening in the future. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My apologies. The search should be working again now.

The occasional server errors may persistent for another 24 hours or so, unfortunately.

As mentioned previously, we are working on migrating to a new server in the near future. It's going to be quite the endeavor, but will prevent things like this from happening in the future. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.
The Search function is not working as of 7:50 p.m. ET.

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
It should be working again now.

Just to bring a little light to the situation:

Whenever the server is stressed, the search function (which requires a fair amount of server resources) will crash. It then has to be manually restarted by logging into the server directly and using the commands to restart it.

This will all be resolved when we move over to the new, far more robust, server.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Whenever the server is stressed, the search function (which requires a fair amount of server resources) will crash. It then has to be manually restarted by logging into the server directly and using the commands to restart it.

This will all be resolved when we move over to the new, far more robust, server.
Thank you, sir.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

This just happened and it took more time than usual for the page to load.

Oops! We ran into some problems.

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I've never seen this configuration before + the search feature is down again.

midvalleyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
This "database error" alert occurs at least once per day. I was just logging in - not doing a search. On Safari/MacBookPro. Maybe it's the hot summer weather down here in Australia :confused:
htfserver.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Or the 6,300+ visitors to the site what were showing at one point this afternoon.

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
Yep. Our apologies, but this is going to be a thing on and off for the moment. Whenever the server is stressed, the search function (which requires a fair amount of server resources) will crash. It then has to be manually restarted by logging into the server directly and using the commands to restart it.

This will all be resolved when we move over to the new, far more robust, server in the near future.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’m also having trouble with the search function, I get the message, Server Error Occurred. Try again later. This happened last night and continues to today.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I’m also having trouble with the search function, I get the message, Server Error Occurred. Try again later. This happened last night and continues to today.
Same here at 2:58 PM EST

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks