What's new

Getting “server error” for some functions (1 Viewer)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
As when I try to get “my content” from my profile page, or “postings” from another member's.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hi, Paul! I have noticed the forum loading more slowly today and I have also gotten some errors. I know this thread is being monitored so hopefully, the issue will be addressed quickly.

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
Yes, I'm looking into this. I have an idea of what's going on, and it isn't a major issue by any means, but it may take a few more hours to resolve.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I reported that issue last night.
Re: what Mr. Epstein noted here, began on my end Saturday. I was getting a database error display atop a blank page. Then I needed to refresh multiple times before the page appeared. That seemed to stop by Sunday. Now all pages are loading quite slowly.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Re: what Mr. Epstein noted here, began on my end Saturday. I was getting a database error display atop a blank page. Then I needed to refresh multiple times before the page appeared. That seemed to stop by Sunday. Now all pages are loading quite slowly.
Well, the search function isn't working for anybody which is the issue that I reported to ownership.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Well, the search function isn't working for anybody which is the issue that I reported to ownership.
Correct I concur. That also went down last November 30th. Just wanted to report what I've been experiencing just in case there's a connection. Thank you.

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
Thanks!

Just this moment I encountered the database error once again.

"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Once refreshing the page loads.
We should not see those going forward for the time being. A third party company that we're working with crawls the entire website every quarter to update it's records and it appears that amount of traffic crashes the server - we've discussed it with them so that next quarter they will crawl more slowly and hopefully alleviate the load and avoid the server getting upset with us.

Please let me know if you do see it going forward so I can dig into it!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
We should not see those going forward for the time being. A third party company that we're working with crawls the entire website every quarter to update it's records and it appears that amount of traffic at crashes the server - we've discussed it with them so that next quarter they will crawl more slowly and hopefully alleviate the load and avoid the server getting upset with us.

Thanks Andew. Within 24 hours after my post above the HTF website was lightning fast again!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
We should not see those going forward for the time being. A third party company that we're working with crawls the entire website every quarter to update it's records and it appears that amount of traffic crashes the server - we've discussed it with them so that next quarter they will crawl more slowly and hopefully alleviate the load and avoid the server getting upset with us.

Hello Andrew,

I'm getting the error notifications today and a slight slowdown when loading pages.

"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Thanks, Neal

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I'm seeing it too. At first, it was when I tried to click on "Jump to New" in a topic with many pages, but since then, it's been pretty random.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks