What's new

Gaming and HDR monitors. Finally OLED. (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Mike thinks that you're saying the crack was a video screensaver type thing to mimic catastrophic damage.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It was.....wasn't it?

Now I'm really confused!

It looked the monitor was dropped and destroyed. Then it looked like it was in perfect working order.

And, ironically, there's an image of young Samuel Posten III sticking out his tongue at me right behind the monitor! :laugh: I feel punk'd!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It was.....wasn't it?

Now I'm really confused!

It looked the monitor was dropped and destroyed. Then it looked like it was in perfect working order.

And, ironically, there's an image of young Samuel Posten III sticking out his tongue at me right behind the monitor! :laugh: I feel punk'd!

No, that was a drop shipped replacement. The first one really did arrive beat to shit like it was hit by a hand truck. The second one arrived intact. Buttttt.... It's going back. Ultimately I wasn't as happy as I should be, for a bunch of reasons.

It's a bit washed out.
I don't dig the curve.
It sits too far forward
HDR is not ready for primetime.

Going with the ASUS PG27UQ instead and will wait for HDR in 2019.

And that is my nephew Eddie. He does look a lot like me. The picture I took of him in 2012 with his tongue stuck out is my brand. That's a free canvas print I got when that company just started and wanted reviews.

EddieFace-Lr-1743
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's an awesome shot and bad on me for assuming it was you.

Now I understand...

In fact, I feel completely enlightened--on a number of fronts! :D

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Review of the Proart vs an Eizo professional 4K monitor

Have to admit I prefer the look of the Eizo. It looks like it has better contrast. The image has more depth to me. On the other hand, the Eizo is twice as expensive and has a few less ports on it. The Proart looks pretty good too. The hood on the Eizo may be contributing to the look of as well. He should have had a hood on the Proart to eliminate the possibility of the room lighting affecting the screen.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The review was done by a fellow in the UK. He stated that over there the price for the ProArt was around 1800 British Pounds or about 2200 US dollars at the time of the review. I figure the native US price would probably be around 2000 dollars. The monitor that he was comparing it to was running for around 4400 US at the time.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I might be vastly overestimating what one will cost based on the UK price. I'm not sure of all of the factors that could be playing into it being so expensive in Britain. One of ASUS's older 32" 4K UHD monitors is selling for around 950US on Amazon. The mini-LED panel with 1000 zones of dimming is certainly going to push up the price on the UCX, plus they are touting that it will put out 1200 NITS. If I hazard a guess I see it being at minimum 1500US due to its new mini-LED form factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks