What's new

Frozen 3D Bungle?! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Robert Harris said:
Please tell me that you don't honestly believe that Academy members "punished" Ms Hepburn.The lady had a sweet and lovely voice, but as hard as she tried, and she tried Very hard, she was not a professional singer. She was a beloved and extraordinary actress.I don't know that Mr. Warner can be faulted for not giving the lead roll in a twelve million dollar production to someone, who at the time of casting, was a relatively risky investment. Place yourself in his shoes.
I wish more modern-day producers and directors would think twice before casting non-professional singers in musical roles. (And, for that matter, I hope the "let's record the singing live on set" experiment is over with.)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Ejanss said:
Except that according to insiders who were there, Walt listened to the Brothers test out their songs for Mary Norton as an anti-Goff backup, and.....fell asleep at the meeting.
Were it not for David Tomlinson and Angela Lansbury, one might be inclined to agree.
The story as told by Richard M. Sherman to Animated Views goes that he fell asleep during "Eglantine," but approved it by proxy in the similar-sounding "What's Wrong With That?" in The Happiest Millionaire. Walt approved "Substitutiary Locomotion," "The Old Home Guard," "With a Flair" and yes, even "Eglantine" before the Poppins rights finally came through. Not much is known about Mary Norton's connection to the film other that it being hands-off so they could make as many changes as Poppins and Chitty did to their respective books. I read the two original books; the movie is better, but the books are still worth reading.

At least "Fixer Upper" isn't obnoxiously redundant like "Step in Time." "Never need a reason, never need a rhyme?" Um, yeah, actually you do; that's what good songwriting is all about.
And to drag this thread back kicking and screaming from the vulture-claws of childish petulance
That's what I was doing. You don't even like Frozen, so what does it matter to you what form they release it in? And it is neither childish nor petulant to disagree with near-universal love and appreciation for a movie.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Okay, OKAY. Back on topic. Is the UK 3D Blu-Ray going to have the same features as the US Blu-Ray, save for the lack of a digital copy?

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Ronald Epstein said:
Is there any indication that the Mickey Mouse 3D short will be included? I hear
it is absolutely tremendous for pop-out and worth the price of the disc alone.
Mark Cappelletty said:
Is the UK 3D Blu-Ray going to have the same features as the US Blu-Ray, save for the lack of a digital copy?
A back cover image is available at Amazon Spain.

The 3D disc contains Frozen and "Get a Horse!"

The 2D disc shows all the same extras as the US Blu:

[*]"Get a Horse!"
[*]Making of Frozen
[*]Disney's Journey from Hans Christian Andersen to Frozen
[*]Deleted Scenes
[*]Music Videos
[*]Teaser Trailer
[/list]

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Thanks much! Good to know!
Kenneth_C said:
A back cover image is available at Amazon Spain.

The 3D disc contains Frozen and "Get a Horse!"

The 2D disc shows all the same extras as the US Blu:

[*]"Get a Horse!"
[*]Making of Frozen
[*]Disney's Journey from Hans Christian Andersen to Frozen
[*]Deleted Scenes
[*]Music Videos
[*]Teaser Trailer
[/list]

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
This is really disappointing. I'm usually not too quick to buy Blu-ray 3D, but I was impressed by this film's use of 3D, so I was going to make an exception here.

Was the UK version re-edited in any way? I haven't heard anything, but that still happens occasionally.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Thought I would mention here about what I stated on another forum when an enthusiast said:
Just thought I would mention this, but you can stream 3D content via the vudu app [on a PS4]. Watched Frozen 3D the other night, no problem.
It seems Sony and Disney and others in the industry want everyone to stream 3D.
disappointed.gif

If I wanted to force the public to go from 3D BD media ownership to streaming it would be extremely smart and effective for me to issue next generation consoles without 3D Blu-ray capability and then release popular movies without BD 3D access (see: Disney's U.S. Frozen 3D, Sony's Stalingrad 3D [To Be Determined?]), but keep the 3D streaming capability to provide the same 3D content where current generated demand is developing via existing options. Also, using the U.S. Frozen 3D stream release effectively by making it available sooner than the physical media release date.
idea.gif
thumbsup.gif

A great way to stack the deck if this were my business!
whistle.gif
shh.gif

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My parents are going to England in April. If I can restrain myself that long, I'll just get them to pick it up for me. As for 3D streaming, this does NOTHING for those of us with limited bandwidth. My situation has improved considerably, but I shudder at the thought of attempting to stream Frozen (which will tax servers considerably due to its popularity) and not getting quality above 480p.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I don't believe that Disney wants to promote 3D streaming with this lame brained move, I feel they want to end production of US 3D blu-rays for the simple reason they don't pull in enough profit to make the corporate bean counters happy. In the corporate world every little expense is looked at. This movie will make a billion dollars world-wide and next to that the miniscule profit to be made from we few 3D TV enthusiasts is probably not seen as reason enough to bother with the expense of another Blu-ray release version. Even if it pisses us off they probably feel the loss our revenue is a tiny drop in the billion dollar bucket.

I think Disney, with their lack of response in this manner has shown us that their days of 3D promotion in the US is over. It hasn't played out financially for them and with the drop in 3D attendance in the theaters this is seen as enough of a reason to get out of 3D as soon as possible. I feel the numbers created by the lame botched Blu-ray 3D release of "OZ" by Disney was used as corporate proof that 3D was no longer worth bothering with in the US and Frozen will not be finacially hurt by it's lack on home video. Save some dollars and cut the 3D blu-ray. Once the Asian demand drops it will end 3D production altogether. This is my prediction....I hope I'm wrong.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
SFMike said:
I hope I'm wrong.
Good news: You are.

(If it was ANY OTHER STUDIO, would technical problems and closed-mouth PR people be so hard to believe without "ulterior motives"?)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"According to the BBFC, the film passed without cuts."No kidding. :)Sometimes the UK version can have a different voice actors (e.g. the voice of Harv in Cars, and some voices in "The Pirates! Band of Misfits").

HTTVChannel

Auditioning
Real Name
Brennan Heider
Has anyone else noticed that the bonus feature "Breaking the Ice: The Real Making of Frozen" has disapeared from the release? I downloaded the digital version with iTunes extras and it wasn't included. This makes me think they're saving all of the behind the scenes bonus features for an "Ultimate Collector's Edition" type of release that hopefully would include the 3D version of the film and the live concert the actors put on. Just my thought.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Reality: 3D never became as popular as the studios would have liked. 3D ticket sales have been steadily dropping for 2 years. More and more audience members have grown tired of wearing glasses to see a movie. 3D televisions sales have peaked and started to decline as well.

I'd say that 3D is dying but, frankly, it was never really "alive" in the first place. It's going the way of the red/blue anaglyph glasses of yesteryear.

Mark

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Well Mark, you're wrong. Saying (again) that "3D is dying" is just plain silly. 3D is "dying" when 3D films are not released on movie theatres and on Blu-ray. Fact is that both are available.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Mark Booth said:
Reality: 3D never became as popular as the studios would have liked. 3D ticket sales have been steadily dropping for 2 years. More and more audience members have grown tired of wearing glasses to see a movie. 3D televisions sales have peaked and started to decline as well.

I'd say that 3D is dying but, frankly, it was never really "alive" in the first place. It's going the way of the red/blue anaglyph glasses of yesteryear.

Mark
And here I was finally starting to accept it in small doses. :)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Mark Booth said:
(Speaking of "Reality:" Okayyy, who wants to be the nitpicker and tell him?...) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks