Frozen 3D Bungle?! (2 Viewers)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
MatthewA said:
How can it sell well when it's difficult to find in retail outlets? How many people in this day and age even buy their discs in brick-and-mortar stores anyway? I dig into the Best Buy Blu-ray bargain bin once or twice a year and buy all my other discs on line.
I buy almost all my discs at Best Buy since Amazon began charging tax in my state. Also I get reward points/cash certificates, 45 day return policy with price matches and other benefits that Amazon doesn't. I still buy from Amazon but I would say it's 80/20 in favor of Best Buy. P.S. Got the Frozen 3D disc from Amazon UK. ;)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
MatthewA said:
How can it sell well when it's difficult to find in retail outlets? How many people in this day and age even buy their discs in brick-and-mortar stores anyway? I dig into the Best Buy Blu-ray bargain bin once or twice a year and buy all my other discs on line.
I do.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
I still buy most new releases and higher profile TV shows at brick & mortar stores but I haven't even bothered to look for catalog titles in a couple years.
Yeah. Most B&M stores are pretty bad at stocking a good selection of catalog titles, unless that store is an HMV. I was able to pick up a copy of "Duck You Sucker" at my local Future Shop for 10 bucks, though. I still got a kick out of watching the film, but I also noticed how badly edited the film seemed to be. It felt like huge chunks of it were chopped out with a meat cleaver. A lot of the location changes were jarring,

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
In Vancouver, I regularly put in special orders at Videomatica and at HMV (for music as well) They're very good at getting me the new releases I want, whether they're already on order or not. I ordered once this year directly from TCM Shop, but it had to be a large order to justify the set-in-stone $27 shipping rate to Canada, so I selected a number of hard-to-get Christmas items, the remastered "The Lady From Shanghai" Blu-Ray, some TCM exclusive DVD box sets, and a few Warner Archive titles. I might do it again some time, but I can't keep up with the discs I purchase from human beings. I like the idea of local people, most of whom seem like enthusiasts to me, making a living. The last time I checked, we were all in this together. I'm not sure who I'm helping (other than myself) if I buy from Amazon, but I'm pretty sure they don't care at all about what I'm buying from them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Same here! I kept hoping Disney would see the light and do up a fancy Ultimate 3D release for Region A since the original 2D release was so skimpy with bonus features concerning the studio's highest-ever grossing animated feature, but I was wrong.

Amazon says I'll have this tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to Get a Horse! in 3D.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I continue to scratch my head regarding this anti-3D policy at Disney. Coming soon will be Blu-rays of many, many major (and not so major) films, such as TERMINATOR, MAD MAX, STAR TREK, and many others, to say nothing of STAR WARS and Pixar's INSIDE OUT (which, only because Pixar has some autonomy within the Disney Corp., will probably get a domestic 3D release). We 3D customers may be a relative niche in the U.S. market, but those of us who are part of that were largely influenced into becoming a part of it by...you guessed it...DISNEY, which was a major supporter for a few years and then simply abandoned us. I can't really even see how the company could have considered this a loss leader...But since the company has less than zero interest in communicating with the people who made them billionaires, I guess we're stuck with imported Blu-rays when it comes to 3D, without ever knowing exactly why. They still make the money from the purchase, which is sort of unfortunate, but I guess if that wasn't true, they would stop producing 3D in Europe as well.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Tino said:
I sure hope Star Wars TFA will be released in 3D.

Star Wars is being produced by another somewhat autonomous production group inside Disney so I would bet that like the Marvel films will be released on blu-ray 3D. We can only hope as they corporate drones make some weird decisions, i.e. Disney Home Video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks