Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: Frankenstein

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Guillermo del Toro

Cast: Oscar Isaac, Jacob Elordi, Mia Goth, Christoph Waltz

Release: 2025-10-10

Plot: A new adaptation of the classic story.
Early rumors:

Guillermo del Toro Eyes Andrew Garfield, Jacob Elordi, Oscar Isaac, Mia Goth for ‘Frankenstein’ Movie at Netflix​

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/...rew-garfield-oscar-isaac-mia-goth-1235555256/

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I sure hope he is faithful to the novel. Film adaptations rarely even come close with this one. It’s a spectacular novel.

It would be my guess that is how he intends to do it. I really hope he eventually does his adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness at some point. Boy, do I want to see that as a film.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sounds like stunt casting. Why cast a pretty boy to play a deformed monster? Is this the "Twilight" version of this story?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Too bad he's chosen to work on a story that's already been filmed to death in various permutations. Do we really need another Frankenstein? Not IMO. At this rate, we'll never get to see him finally take on At the Mountains of Madness.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Too bad he's chosen to work on a story that's already been filmed to death in various permutations. Do we really need another Frankenstein? Not IMO. At this rate, we'll never get to see him finally take on At the Mountains of Madness.

I so badly want him to do At the Mountains of Madness. That has so much potential to be just an incredible film.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Is the title "Frankenstein" or (as the image in the first posting suggests) "Dr. Frankenstein"?

(I also would like to see del Toro take on At the Mountains of Madness. Or The Call of Cthulhu.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't believe there are any official images or a title yet. The poster in the first post was likely just a placeholder at themoviedb back in March. Their current poster appears to be another fan-art placeholder, with the title just as "Frankenstein".

1704855573360.jpeg

I updated the cast with Elordi but had to enter a dummy release date in order to save the change. No idea when the official release will be, but near Halloween 2025 seems like a logical guess.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, lots of accuracy and consistency in these reports. One says Oscar Isaac will be the monster, then Elordi. One says it'll be based on the original novel, then another says it takes place 40 years after to assumed death of the monster.

And why on earth hasn't anyone pointed out that Guillermo shouldn't be wasting his time on this when he should be doing At the Mountains of Madness? ;)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, lots of accuracy and consistency in these reports. One says Oscar Isaac will be the monster, then Elordi. One says it'll be based on the original novel, then another says it takes place 40 years after to assumed death of the monster.

And why on earth hasn't anyone pointed out that Guillermo shouldn't be wasting his time on this when he should be doing At the Mountains of Madness? ;)

I think he is such a fan of stories like Frankenstein that when the opportunity to do a version arose, he can't say no. I mean, I do want to see his Frankenstein, no question, but I really want to see him do Mountains. Obviously, one is a story done many times, the other is a story that I don't think has ever been put on film.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks