What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

For something different: Commercials you actually like! (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
A surgeon buddy of mine had a patient that had "stay off the grass" tattooed right below her belly button. After surgery he wrote a note to the patient "Sorry. I had to mow the lawn!"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm sorry, but this is endlessly amusing to me.

The parts that get me are the triple wees. "Wee-wee-WEEEEE!"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ugh, can't stand that commercial lol. I hate any commercial that features loud high-pitched shrilly sounds.

Oh and any commercial that features people munching on chips of any kind, that crunch sends chills up my spine.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, there's an annoying Alka-Seltzer ad where this girl says, "I got into one of the best schools in the country!" and her and her mother have a high-pitched scream. I hate that, and then the announcer has this annoying, "Plop plop FIZZ FIZZ!"

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Some of the best 1980s jingles were for chewing gums owned by Wrigley. Now Verizon pays homage to Big Red:

JoeCool6972

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Turner
Geico has the best ones right now with the guy making comparisons. I really like the one about Elmer Fudd or "would a former drill Sargent make a bad psychiatrist?"

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Originally Posted by JoeCool6972
Geico has the best ones right now with the guy making comparisons. I really like the one about Elmer Fudd or "would a former drill Sargent make a bad psychiatrist?"
Geico commercials are some of the best. I love the drill sargent commercial. R. Lee Ermey is perfect in that commercial. For the record I love the "little piggy" commerical too.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Bryan X
Geico commercials are some of the best. I love the drill sargent commercial. R. Lee Ermey is perfect in that commercial. For the record I love the "little piggy" commerical too.
And the woodchucks!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
GEICO's various ad campaigns have been, for me, hit or miss.

The ad pairing a customer with a celebrity were good with the "voice over guy from the movies" being one of my all time favorites followed closely by the Pips doing back up vocals. The one with Mrs Butterworth was painful to watch though.

The Caveman campaign ad to me was a miss. It was silly and why should I think that the ease of buying insurance should be a factor in my decision. I'm more concerned about what happens after I buy it, which the campaign mentioned above concentrated on.

The money stack with eyes was just plain hard to watch.

Talking gecko is a more traditional approach. I'm pretty neutral about it. Cute but obvious compariason between the words GEICO and gecko.

The current campaign with the serious guy is fun to watch. Not sure about how it will make folks think about insurance but "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks