What's new

For something different: Commercials you actually like! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I like all the current Subaru commercials.
Is Subaru the one with the white dogs barking at the vehicle? On first impression I thought they were meant to be wolves that were cowed/impressed by the car. But wolves are white and I can see that at least of couple of the dogs have collars.

So collared dogs are barking at the car. I don't get the point.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

At the 5:10 mark of this clip of the June 27, 1975 finale of the O-R ABC version of Split Second w/Tom Kennedy, there is a 1975 commercial for Friskies Kitten Food which, for reasons unknown, I have enjoyed quite a lot (I think it's because of the kittens).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There's a commercial for Dish touting their voice-driven remote. Santa orders up his favorite Christmas movie, Diehard. It's a gas and I get to tell my wife, "See, it is a Christmas movie."

Stan

Senior HTF Member
There's a commercial for Dish touting their voice-driven remote. Santa orders up his favorite Christmas movie, Diehard. It's a gas and I get to tell my wife, "See, it is a Christmas movie."[/ rQUOTE]
I love Dish. Been with them for at least ten years But no voice remote for me. Muscle memory, whatever you call it, I love my current remotes. Never have to even look at them, just know exactly which buttons to push.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
The "fraud alert" commercial from Wells Fargo (of all places).

A woman gets a fraud alert on her phone for an expenditure of >$100 at Doggy Lover's Warehouse. A gray cat jumps up on the sofa and looks at her. As the woman denies repeatedly that she made the charge, the cat narrows its eyes, meows, jumps off the sofa, and gives one last distrustful glance while walking away.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Bumping this up: WLS Chicago long-form Seven's On Your Side promo from 1981 (jingle sung by Florence Warner)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Commercials are surprisingly getting better. With my DVR, it's almost always Fast Forward and skip them, but a few are pretty cute.

There are those horrible ones that are 2-3 minutes long. Some skin-care product, wrinkle cream, those copper pots and pans, the sad homeless dogs. Those horrible "I've fallen and can't get up" ads. Instantly skip through those. I suppose when they broadcast it 100,000 times, a few people buy, but wow, they are so annoying.

Okay, back on topic. I remember the Coke ads from the '70s, but honestly don't recall many recent good commercials. Pretty sad that they're so unmemorable. The only one that sticks out is the Arby's "We've got the Meat" ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks