What's new

FINALLY!! The Incredible Hulk Season One!! (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted cover art. As expected, Universal has come up with a rather lackluster design. Why the hell isn't Bill Bixby on the cover? And if they insist on using Lou's image only, why the big head shot -- and not a better shot of him "flexing" in his classic pose with torn pants and shredded shirt?

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I think the new packaging shots look great. It's about time this show got the release it deserves. Hopefully it sells well enough that future releases will happen and we will get a gag reel as a bonus feature.
In regards to the "cheesy" comment about the show, sure, some of the stories were off the wall. But in general, for the dramatic scenes, Mr. Bixby was incredible. (no pun intended!)

MattHR

Screenwriter
I just returned from the Bionicon convention in Tampa. Kenneth Johnson and Lou Ferrigno were there, each signing autographs and hosting a Q&A session. The event was a huge success, with everyone seeming to be very happy with the whole weekend.

Universal Studios sent the promoters several final, production run DVD box sets to show the fans. They also had movie poster-size blow-ups of the three different images that form the DVD box cover's lenticular design. (I would love to have them hanging in my theater room!)

The actual box cover is the best quality lenticular design I've ever seen. It really looks amazing. The four individual thin cases inside each have differing artwork. It seems as if Universal has finally started listening to the fans, by paying a bit more attention to the presentation of the actual product.

:emoji_thumbsup:

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Sounds great. It'll be great to see these episodes again. Hopefully season 2 will follow soon after.

Brian-C

Grip
I'm glad I waited. Fearing that this series would not come out complete, I was contemplating getting the Best Of collection, yet I do not like buying those types of sets. So I waited and waited, and this is worth the wait. But like others said, lets just hope we don't have such a huge wait for the 2nd season.

MattHR

Screenwriter

I should have mentioned....

Kenny Johnson did mention work was underway for season 2 and 3, and that his "gag" reel would be included on the season 3 set. At the Friday night cocktail party, Kenny played this reel (and one from V: The Mini-Series) for the fans. They were great! He seemed very positive the series would be completed on DVD at some point.

RogerH

Supporting Actor

Thanks for posting that, after waiting for SO long its great to hear that work is underway for the next seasons :D

MattHR

Screenwriter
Here's a photo my friend took of the DVD posters Universal had on display at the Bionicon convention. These are the three images that form the lenticular cover design.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Matt,
Are you serious?/
That's great news!! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I sincerely hope that this thing sells well so that we definetly will get all 4 1/2 seasons on DVD.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks