What's new

FINALLY!! The Incredible Hulk Season One!! (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I can confirm for everyone that the two Telefilms are indeed on the disk. Since I work overnight, stocking entertainment at Target, I can also confirm that the SRP at Target for the set, non-street date week is $32.99, meaning that the set could be on sale for anywhere from $27.99 to $29.99 and it might just come with a $5 gift card with the purchase. The 3D cover looks like it might be detachable, meaning that it's just a cool gift from Universal.

I've held the item in my hand and the set looks absolutely gorgeous. This set is definately on my must-have list. I have to say that I'm not too impressed with the Brisco County Jr set setting at $79.99. These companies just have to stop setting such high prices on their DVD sets.

If a set is priced more than $50 I pass it up because anything more than that just isn't worth it, no matter how good the series is. When most sets are being released at anywhere from $30 to 50, that's a general budgetary range for my entertainment dololar. Now, when I say $30-50 I mean the discounted prices that you could find at the everyday price range at stores like Target, Best Buy and Circuit City, which is typically 30% off the SRP at stores like Blockbuster and Borders.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Amazon is selling for $27.99 with free shipping, just by way of comparison.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
I hate to ask, but does anybody still know if you can get the Ultimate Collection for $20? Just curious.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
$27.99 with free shipping? Why buy it from Amazon when I can have it on the day it releases and get a gift card as well? Plus I get my 10% employee discount.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu

Not to get off-track here, but how does that Target gift card system work? I was going to pre-order on Amazon but since I do a bit of shopping at Target, I'm very curious. :D

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see it in the ad for next week but you never know. It wasn't listed at all in the ad. At any rate, when Target offers a gift card, the gift card is automatically given by the cashier when the DVD set is purchased.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

you shoulda looked on ebay. I just sold mine for $10 (excellant condition). I still haven't heard from the buyer after three days. If I don't here from him soon, I'll be putting it back up

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
Actually, I found someone on ebay who is putting up a used-but-good copy for a very very good price. But if that falls through, I'll be back. Well, unless the other season sets come back, but this is just for piece of mind so I can ditch most of my Sci-Fi edited tapes.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
spoke too soon anyway. Just got the notice from paypal, so looks like I'll be sending this off monday.

kind of annoying to know how much I paid for this when it first came out (not that I remember complaining at the time since BSG was even higher priced) to only let it go for ten bucks. oh well.

I'm much happier getting the seasons. The first two especially. (at least I hope I see the second in short order)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

When the cashier scans the UPC on the DVD, a 'G' comes up on their monitor, prompting them that this purchase includes a gift card. S/he uses one of the blank gift cards at their checkout counter and scans the card's code to automatically add $X to the gift card (in this case, $5). Unless the cashier's undergoing training, it should be fairly straightforward. If they fail to give you a gift card for whatever reason, just kindly remind them; they should have a copy of that week's flyer nearby to confirm the offer.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I only watched the second ep on disc 2 and didn't skip around to check the others. I got a sinking feeling when I saw the quality of the front bumper- the look ahead to what the episode was about- it looked very soft and fuzzy and very washed out. I was relieved that the actual ep was nothing like that. It was up to the level of the ones that were on the UE as well as the Pilot disc.
To me, these were some of the finer looking discs Universal has put out (of vintage TV material). Hopefully the rest of the set and the rest of the seasons (Bring on S2 ASAP!) look as good.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I only spot-checked the discs last night, but was satisfied with what I saw. It's a nearly 30-year old series, but it looks pretty good. Sound was good too. Nice packaging job from Universal (although the front image is not removable as someone here suggested); resembles Universal's Battlestar Galactica (new series) package.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I just picked up it and checked out the video (won't have time to start watching it til tomorrow night) and imo the video looks very good. Nice job Universal bring on season 2 :D

JeffCNY

Agent
Just one opinion, but compared to the initial "Best Of" release, a quick scan indicates that all of the episodes on the Season One set simply don't look anywhere as good. Extremely soft, high-grain, muted colors.

For lack of any other way to explain it, it's as though the earlier set was mastered from 35mm prints and this set from 16mm.

Jeff

MattHR

Screenwriter

Hmmm. After doing an A/B comparison, they looked identical to me. I also checked the file sizes of a few episodes from both sets in my computer, and they're identical.

I saw the same scratches and specs of dirt in the same places on the episodes I compared. The episode "747" even has the same audio-sync problems in the early scenes. (I can't believe they didn't fix that!)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
For what it's worth, I checked with a major DVD store here in Toronto, and they were all sold out of them. Apparently, they had sold out on Tues, and alot of people were asking when they were getting more in. A good sign sales wise.
As far as the pic quality, it looks as good as the Ultimate collection to me!
Great Job Universal, now lets get season 2 before the end of 2006!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks