What's new

Eraserhead (1 Viewer)

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting for this movie to come out and I thought it was Region 2 only, but when I did a search I found a couple of posts from people here saying that it was their favorite Region 1 release from 2003. Is that true?

I've looked around and the only place I've been able to find it is Amazon UK. I could probably buy it there and strip the region coding, but I guess I'd rather buy a proper Region 1 disc if I have a choice....

Thanks!

Kenshiro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken
The region 1 release of Eraserhead is truly a great disc. The transfer is easily in the top 5 restorations for DVD, EVER.

To get the disc you'll have to order direct from David Lynch.com for $39.94 + S&H.

But a quick check of the site reveals that it's out of stock, you could track down a copy on ebay, although I can't imagine why someone would want to give it up.

Terry St

Second Unit
Does anyone know if there are plans to do a wider R1 release for Eraserhead? I'd love to get my hands on it, but the shipping costs to Canada from Lynch's website are absolutely ridiculous. (I've had box sets shipped from Australia for one tenth the price!)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Terry,

The shipping costs to Canada ARE ridiculous, that's why I got mine from a re-seller on eBay for a lower price and only a fraction of Lynch's shipping costs.

Most re-sellers will also fudge the Customs value (if you ask nicely) so you can avoid customs duties and the dreaded Canada Post 'handling fee'. :)

BTW - The disc is terrific!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks