What's new

Ferrari 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
While we wait for Stephen's review over on The Digital Bits, I can confirm that the Italian 4K UHD is far superior to the US blu-ray in video quality, with none of the compression artifacts that are obvious on that disc. However, the English soundtrack is only 5.1, not the 7.1 available on the blu-ray, while the Italian dub is Dolby Atmos. Still, this 4K UHD is the one to see the film on. And it's not region-locked either, like the 4K UHD of Il Conformista was initially.

A great film - much better than the tepid theatrical reviews indicated. The first new Michael Mann film I've enjoyed in two decades. And perfect for projecting on a large screen, with the soundtrack roaring!

Oh - and there's a steel book version too, for those who go for that sort of thing. Matches the disc nicely!

Amazon Italia ship really fast. Only took one day for me to receive this with express delivery.

IMG_7357.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg
IMG_7358.jpg

YANG

Screenwriter
Italian dubbed? no-problemo for me!
this is a "biography" about an Italian car maker, It Should Be ITALIAN!

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
played the Br that came with the Italian 4k set, that looked great, and has English soundtrack, The Played the 4k with HDR.
Dolby Vision, the picture looked dark drained of color, I turned off the Dolby vision, and it looked great! I been having problems.
with certain titles on my Sony LCD with Dolby Vision, don't see any fix but to turn it off

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I was a bit bored by this, hardly any racing, mostly just Ferrari & mistress & his always angry wife. Obviously I was expecting a different film, so probably my fault. It did have a lovely look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks