What's new

Encounter at best buy (1 Viewer)

AlphaPie

Agent
Real Name
Lucax
I've been going to best buy for several months now. I spend quite a bit of time in their magnolia room. Generally, I buy online but audition what little best buy has before I make my order. I've been talking to same person nearly every time I visit best buy. I actually bought a marked down receiver there because the new model was coming, got a better deal than online. I also bought a def tech pro 800 sub the same day from best buy. 18 days later the def tech prosub 1000 goes on sale for the same price as my 800. Best buy has a 15 day return policy but I spoke to the same guy I've always talk to and he got the manager and convinced them to let me exchange my 800 for the 1000. In fact they had to order me the 1000 and it will be in after the sale is over. I feel this is out of character for best buy.. But they are taking care of me as a customer. I may continue shopping there..

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've had BB price match Amazon and NewEgg before. If I see an open-box item I'm interested in, I start checking Amazon WH deals, NewEgg, A4L...and you'd be surprised how often BB will bite.

My deep freeze, on their floor, was $800. I found it through an online vendor for $656. They matched it with free delivery. Most of my price matching is done in the presence of a manager while I tinker on my phone looking for prices. Cause newsflash...BB paid the same price for it as any(authorized) online vendor.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I occasionally shop there - but I haven't tried since their new price match policy went into effect. They don't carry much gear I'm interested in (Integra/Marantz high end etc.)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I used to go to The Good Guys, Audio Concepts and Sound Factor which are no longer in business so I recently have been going to Best Buy Magnolia because they have the better brands. As long as they take care of me as a customer I will go back and buy more things. It is hard to find local retailers in the Los Angeles area! The only bad experience I have had at Best Buy recently was with a idiot Time Warner rep that was hell bent on getting me to drop Direct TV for them. It is really bad when you tell a sales rep that he is being to pushy and that he is irritating you and that your not going to switch and he keeps trying to push you to switch. I hate cable company's! I will not get Time Warner, Charter or Cox and the only so called cable company I might go back to is Verizon Fios.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks