What's new

Custom lightsabers have gotten pretty awesome (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So in advance of May the 4th my nephew told me he wanted a dueling saber for Christmas and I went down the rabbit hole of research. Lots of new tech, especially new pixel LED blades that do ignition effects and advanced sound boards that can react to other blades, simulated blaster shots and even dragging the tip on the ground.

He wanted a specific ultra saber model. I’ve since read that ultra saber is a bit of a shit company and their quality is uneven, but that’s what he wanted so that’s what I got him as a gift. What he didn’t know he wanted was a pixel blade with proffie sound. Ultra has since errrr ripped off proffie with their own fork, will see how that shakes out. Anyway, ordered a nicely loaded up one with a great May the 4th discount

And I uhhhh, had to get one too. For research purchasss. Mine is a crimson mantis model. Can’t wait.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A friend got a fancy, high-end replica light saber from his kids for a christmas last year. Not an $8k dealie, but it's noice. Sound effects. Neato light up effects.

Might be the ultrasaber line you got, not sure.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hnnnnng

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kenobi must have ran up one hell of a bar tab at Moe's tavern for his Light Saber to end up under Moe's bar.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This is an interesting thread. I had seen and read about light sabers with light and sound and how well done they look in videos. And I was surprised to see that they are strong enough to use for combat. Play combat of course! it’s amazing how far these sabers have come in recent years.

I’m a Star Trek prop fan and have been reading a lot of Star Trek prop forums, so Star Wars props are less known to me. I have been on the look-out for a Graflex camera flash that was used in A New Hope as Luke’s saber to make my own light saber. But this company I see also has a Graflex model. So that’s cool. I am not as knowledgeable about the Star Wars light saber variants from each of the prequel films and other Star Wars shows and looking at that site made me wonder if those sabers are their own designs as a way to avoid any copyright or legal issues with Disney. But seeing the Graflex model, it’s not an exact replica, so maybe it’s skirting by?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Wish we had heard the warnings on Ultrasabers before ordering. Just opened both lightsabers, they looked anmazing out of the box and the first playtime with them was great…. Then we were removing the batteries to charge them (with the sabers off). Both batteries exploded and caught fire in the electronics. The chassis are ok but both batteries and electronics are toast. No response from support email so far. They didn't answer our calls or return our messages.

IMG_1046.jpeg
IMG_1044.jpeg
IMG_1041.jpeg
IMG_1038.jpeg
IMG_1037.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks