What's new

emachine M5310 notebook computer (1 Viewer)

JasonMC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking into buying a budget laptop to wirelessly connect to my desktop. On this, I will access the internet, MS Office use, some gaming, DVD viewing while traveling, and some minor photo editing from digital camera. Does anybody have experience with this notebook? I know their desktops don't have the best reputation but what about their notebooks?
Thanks,
Jason

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Their laptops don't have any better reputation, at least not from my experience.

Take a look at the Dell Inspiron 1100. Right now they are going for about $750 new but if you're willing to get a refurbed you can get it cheaper. Their refurbed machines carry the same warranty (up to 4 years if you like) and as of right now they have one going for $627.

However, the specs of that Emachine are much better than the 1100, so if you're looking for a cheap beefier system that may be the way to go. I'd still trust the Dell more, though. Still look at their refurbed machines, they have some good deals going on.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
This is my opinion. If you know to avoid the desktops, then do not go anywhere near the laptop. That seems like a headache just waiting to happen. They are all just integrated garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks