What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

eBay Too Big For Its Own (and Our) Good (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Clarification: in my post speaking about that Denver paper misfire, I said that the latest vintage paper I've gotten was that Fort Worth Star-Telegram from 1990. What I meant by that was, that was the latest date of vintage paper that I've gotten; the latest actual purchase I made in that line was that 1974 Honolulu Advertiser. I thought I'd say that in case anyone was confused about something I said in that post.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess, I've resumed buying through eBay after an approximate 3 month "cool down" period and with some changes. I now look for and buy only from top rated sellers and also limit the purchase price to an amount I could be [reasonably] comfortable losing if something went wrong. Sad it had to come to this. I once bought a CAR [4 year old Lexus GS 430, so not cheap] through eBay!!! This was long before eBay Motors and that transaction was flawless. Today I wouldn't even consider such a purchase.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The last time I used e bay was in 2017. I overpaid for one of those Nintendo NES classic systems because I was desperate to get one. The ones with 30 games built in for 59.99. That experience went well but since I hadn’t used e bay for 10 years prior to that, they deleted my old account and I had to make a new one. I haven’t used e bay since. They probably deleted my new account too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks