What's new

Early Warner classics in the works (1 Viewer)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
According to the web site VitaphoneProject.com which is dedicated to recovering lost Vitaphone films and their sound discs, several early Warner films are in the works, but with no release date set:

The Public Enemy
Little Caesar
Gold Diggers of 1933 (With a bonus of two restored reels of the lost Dick Powell film Gold Diggers of Broadway, the first in the Gold Diggers series... which sadly are the only known existing reels of this two-strip Technicolor talkie, one of the top-grossers of 1929.)

See VitaphoneProject.com under Vitaphone News Vol. 6, Number 4.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great News!

I figured The Public Enemy was
in the works as Warner is promising a
James Cagney set by year's end.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Of course, we don't know which way Warner is going to release these titles just yet, but both "The Public Enemy" and "Little Caesar" could be part of the Gangster box set they're going to release later this year or "The Public Enemy" could be as Ronbo stated in the Cagney box set????? Either way, this is great news!

Crawdaddy

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm totally sold on Warners Classic lines. It these are 2 disc "Legend" style, I'll totally flip!

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I am especially excited to see the part about most WB classic releases including the shorts. I really love the shorts that I've seen on Turner Classic Movies and on certain DVDs. They give you such an insight into the period.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm very pleased with WB's releasing or more & more deep catalog titles. Two of the above mentioned titles will be mine. I also hope to see WB explore an increasing number of their M-G-M classics & deep catalog titles.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Any chance of ROARING 20's?

I wouldn't be surprised, considering I bought it on VHS a year or so ago :b

BarryRR

Agent
There is so much incredible stuff to be found among the Vitaphone shorts; I really wish the "Dawn of Sound" lasers get transferred to DVD someday. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks