What's new

DVD Profiler 4.0.0 is out. (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What's it got?

I'm a little disappointed. They are billing this as 4.0.0 Build 1753.

But I don't see any noticeable changes to the page layout or formatting. I guess I was expecting a shiny new finish to the dependable old gal.

Here is what Ken Cole put in his OP of the 4.0.0 thread in the Invelos Forum:

The initial release candidate build for version 4.0.0 is now available for testing.

*IMPORTANT NOTES*
- Contributions will be enabled for this build soon
- As always, it is strongly recommended that you back up your collection before running, and also run a database repair.
- Please wait to submit reports and layouts designed with this version, but in the mean time you can share them via the beta forum if you like.

The RC may be downloaded from the downloads link above.

For a full list of changes, please see this thread.

Additionally, this build has the following additions/fixes:

- Fixed remaining issues in the plugin interface update
- Added support for tracking/filtering/reporting/etc HDR (HDR10 and Dolby Vision for now)

Beta builds for Android and iOS that support the changes in 4.0 will be available later today.

Due to the new data additions and interdependence, the app and desktop program versions are all being set to 4.0 for these releases.

Updated to build 1751 with the following changes:

- Fixed: Missing buttons in the filters panel.
- Fixed: The Set Tags display always shows the Favorite view at startup
- Fixed: Incorrect tool tips in the new controls under DVD->Edit
- Fixed: Sort order display at top of the collection list alignment incorrect
- Pasting color text into overview, easter eggs, etc will now reset the color to black
- Gift information now copied from box set parents when children auto-added

Updated to build 1753 with the following changes:
- Gift information now also copied when children moved from one collection type to another
- Fixed issues with the new video filters panel
- Fixed: Setting Title Don't filter box set contents option without a title filter results in inconsistent results
- Fixed: When box set nesting is disabled, the Don't filter box sets option results in incorrect filter results

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'll be glad when this is out of beta and in general release. I use the program too much to mess with a beta. I use it to keep track of what we watch and what I want to get rid of, as well as what I plan on purchasing in the future.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I finally updated my DVD Profiler earlier this morning. Happy to have the 4K/Ultra designation.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I would mainly like android and iOS versions that show a lot more info - the desktop version of DVDprofiler is extremely sophisticated and configurable yet the tablet based versions are extremely primitive and make no proper use of bigger screen - they are all designed for 4" iphones it seems.

Mike, have you found a complete list of new features that are not only bugfixes?
Judging by your post the looks have not changed so the question is what else do we get except for a UHD logo that only interests me very little as I already cover a number of formats that will not be covered by DVDprofiler anyway.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Figures, I just switched to My Movies, which I like, because I couldn't filter for 4K, 3D, and couldn't create my own tags on IOS or Mac. Memory is a little fuzzy, I know I couldn't do the 4K for sure, and I wanted that. So I went to My Movies, where 3D and Digital (UV, etc) and 3D is included, and I could add a tag for Criterion. Actually, I had to add tag for 4K.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I just switched to My Movies, which I like, because I couldn't filter for 4K, 3D, and couldn't create my own tags on IOS or Mac. Memory is a little fuzzy, I know I couldn't do the 4K for sure, and I wanted that.
DVD Profiler has supported custom media types (e.g. 4K or 3D) for some time now, and you can filter on those. That's how I catalog all my DVR recordings.

---------------

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not on a Mac or the app and he mentioned.

Funny...

I use Parallels for Mac so I can run Windows 10 and OS X Sierra at the same time.

The only reason I ever bring up Windows on my Mac is to access DVD PROFILER. It has always been my main "go to" BD/DVD/4k catalog software.

I wish they would make a version for Mac, however.

As a backup on the Mac, I use a program called DVDPEDIA. So, I have my entire 5,000 title library on both software platforms. When I enter new titles on DVD PROFILER I also do it on DVDPEDIA.

DVDPROFILER still outranks DVDPEDIA because it can handle "child titles" on boxed sets. This means if I add a set like Alien Quadrilogy, DVD PROFILER will also break the listing down on individual titles. DVDPEDIA does not do that.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As a backup on the Mac, I use a program called DVDPEDIA. So, I have my entire 5,000 title library on both software platforms. When I enter new titles on DVD PROFILER I also do it on DVDPEDIA.
DVDPROFILER still outranks DVDPEDIA because it can handle "child titles" on boxed sets. This means if I add a set like Alien Quadrilogy, DVD PROFILER will also break the listing down on individual titles. DVDPEDIA does not do that.
I moved over to DVDPEDIA after my homegrown catalog crashed on me once too many times, and while I also wish they had a built-in way for "child titles" there is at least a work around that works well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks