What's new

dvd player (1 Viewer)

PamP

Auditioning
I have a philips dvd855at player. It is about two to three years old. Occassionally, I put a disc in and it won't load. It tells me "please check disc". I will then get another copy of the same movie and get the same message. Most disc play fine, however, some just won't. It is usually a new release that has this problem, however, even most of them play fine. Any suggestions?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Check with the to see if there is a firmware updgrade. Sometimes there is information on specific models atwww.audioreview.com and you can read what others have done. I gave my brother my Marantz 930 which is about the same vintage and still under its 3-year warranty and gave him the co. to contact. It might be the same same for your machine since the Marantz is built on a Philips platform - It is 'Service Wide Technologies' in Downers Grove, IL, (630) 969-7333. If it is not in warranty there likely will be a charge wherever you send it and then you need to make an evaluation about whether it is worth while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks