What's new

Question About Panasonic BD/4K Players (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
For years, Panny DVD/BD players would let you go 1.5 speed through programs but still hear "normal" sound.

A few years back, they abandoned this.

Have they brought it back?

My DMP-BDT220P is getting a little glitchy and I'd like to replace it, but I really like the ability to go through BD extras at a faster speed.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I had forgotten that was ever a feature. Unless I missed something, my Panasonic 820 doesn’t do that.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I used to have a Panasonic DVD player that did that, but my UHD Panasonic 420 does not.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Okay - thanks.

I guess when Panny discontinued the feature, they kept it discontinued!

No idea why. It's a great feature and I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes it.

I bought a DMP-BDT460 in 2016 but returned it when I found it didn't offer the 1.5 speed playback with sound.

Guess I'm stuck with older models! :(

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Okay - thanks.

I guess when Panny discontinued the feature, they kept it discontinued!

No idea why. It's a great feature and I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes it.

I bought a DMP-BDT460 in 2016 but returned it when I found it didn't offer the 1.5 speed playback with sound.

Guess I'm stuck with older models! :(
Actually, I just noticed that the Panasonic 420 does have high-speed audio playback, but only on DVDs and blu-rays, not UHD discs.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I just noticed that the Panasonic 420 does have high-speed audio playback, but only on DVDs and blu-rays, not UHD discs.

Interesting - thanks!

The same is true for 3D BDs on my Panny player. It doesn't move at 1.5X speed for those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks