What's new

DVD Forum Cliches (1 Viewer)

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
"Even the worst episode of (insert your favorite TV show here) is better than 99% of the crap out there."

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I went to Blockbuster/Best Buy/WalMart and (insert outrage de jour here usually involving the staff, the stock, the display, etc.).

"Search is your friend" followed by one or more links to threads discussing the subject in question. Wouldn't it take less time just to answer the question, instead of searching out the various threads and posting links to them?

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
I don't see the purpose of reinventing the wheel, and besides, the HTF server can search faster than I can type.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Zen you do realize that was a joke (hence the winkies)...right?

...hey, that was another one wasn't it? :D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Uh, guilty on that one. :b

Kevin, yes even my pea-sized brain, with its' poor mental capabilities, got that you were joking.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
... or at least let us know (s)he actually read what we thought up, sorted out, looked up again and took the trouble of formulating as clearly as possible.

Yes I hate it too when that happens.

Cees

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
How about

I'll be first in line to pick this up on release day

I can't believe cartoon X made it on to Looney Tunes Golden Collection and cartoon Y didn't

some of the ones mentioned that get to me are vague thread titles...the when is season 2 coming out when season 1 was just released 3 days ago...Luca$

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
1) "IMO", "IMHO", and all other variants thereof. Cut it out.

2) After Hours regulars who post links to a blooper/stunt/mishap video they found online, without realizing there's already ten separate threads dedicated to it.

3) After Hours regulars who seem slightly too happy to step in and setting straight the people guilty of the above.

4)It's already been mentioned, but... "Longtime lurker, first-time poster". Stop. Just stop.

5) "Not to break forum rules and discuss politics, but... [Long-ass pòlitical rant that offends even the people who share the poster's views.]"

6) People who sign their posts. I know and like a few of you guys, but c'mon. Having your name to the left of your post, AND specially designated sig space is enough.

7) People who sign their posts, and do so incorrectly:

"Yadda yadda yadda, blah blah bleep, mooga mooga yak. Thanks, [insert name]". Slightly confusing, and very annoying. Dude, place the signature below the body of your post, or don't do it at all.

But no, I'm not cranky or anything ;)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
"Has anyone heard when Fill In The Blank is going to be released on DVD" when referring to a film still in theatrical release.

Most films are released six to nine months after their theatrical debut. Do the math! What's the hurry? Are HTFers so impatient?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
This is sort of a delayed thing meaning it comes in 2 parts usually a few weeks/months apart.

It starts with

I won't buy season 1 of TV show X until I have an announcement of season 2.

Then later on the same person says...

Why don't we have any news on the second season of TV show X?

Sometimes I just want to tell the people that the reason they've got no season 2 information is because a lot of people had the same bright idea they had and since it sold poorly as a result there won't be a season 2.

Another one is

I've just been to a fan site for TV show X and everyone over there agreed that they'd like it to come out on DVD so come on Studio Y quit being dumb and meet the demand.

As for movies the when will insert name of currently running theatrical motion picture come out on DVD? Although I've seen one that strikes me as even more odd only a couple times but that's all I need

Does anyone know when insert name of not yet released theatrical motion picture will arrive on DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks