What's new

Does UltraViolet still work in 2020? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As I have only recently discovered and immersed myself in the digital realm, I am continuing to redeem codes on many of my Blu-ray titles.

Finally coming to those with UltraViolet. Some say that they expire in 2018.

These seem to be the type of codes you have to insert your disc into a Blu-ray or DVD player (I am hoping DVD player since I own a Mac) and then download to your account.

Do these codes still work?

I recently discovered the EDWARD SCISSORHANDS thread at the top of the forum where I can turn an HD copy into a 4k copy by gifting myself.

I have a BD copy of the film with UltraViolet, however, before I start the process I am wondering if it's still redeemable.

My question is pretty much across the board with all titles as that will be my next redemption move.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
The best thing you can do honestly is redeem a couple and see what happens.

Even though UV shut down, the codes should still work at the retailers. As far as I know, expiration dates were always very loose, so those will probably be fine. The ones that require a disc insert I would be surprised if they worked, though. Those would have been from a long time ago.

If I were you, I would first try redeeming a couple directly into MA (if compatible) because that would be the easiest if it works, and if that doesn't work try them then at your retailer of choose...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The best thing you can do honestly is redeem a couple and see what happens.

Even though UV shut down, the codes should still work at the retailers. As far as I know, expiration dates were always very loose, so those will probably be fine. The ones that require a disc insert I would be surprised if they worked, though. Those would have been from a long time ago.

If I were you, I would first try redeeming a couple directly into MA (if compatible) because that would be the easiest if it works, and if that doesn't work try them then at your retailer of choose...
This!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
For the titles that require a disc to be inserted, give them a try through iTunes. I think I was successful with a couple that way, although most did not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks