What's new

Dlp Tv? (1 Viewer)

Matthew_F

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I have heard that some DLP TVs will be comming this fall and I'm pretty intrested purchasing one. Unfortunately I don't know what brandname and models which are comming out. If anyone knows please list them for me.

Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Syzygy

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank
If you want the latest DLP chip from TI (the HD-2), it's a short list: Samsung is the only one shipping (43" and 50").

Optoma's showing one or more prototypes (50" and 65" ?) at Cedia this month, but they have not announced a release date.

Matthew_F

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Frank,

Thanks. I actaully saw the 43" one but I never knew that they also carried a 50". I know the Samsung one does have a DVI input thou so my investment may go into that unless there are better brandnames to go with with DVI.

Matt

Syzygy

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank
I agree with your wanting DVI, and maybe (like me) you also want HDCP or whatever they're calling the copy-protection protocol now. Which removes Optoma from any future list -- they're inexplicably NOT providing HDCP with their DVI!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks