What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Optoma has unveiled its UHZ50 4K laser home theater projector ($2,799) with a claimed 3,000 lumens of brightness and 2,500,000:1 contrast ratio. The company promises that the new beamer will “produce razor-sharp images with exceptional clarity and vibrancy for movies, TV shows, games, and sports.”
The UHZ50 features HDR10 and HDR brightness adjustments with 100% Rec. 709 and DCI-P3 color gamut. According to the Taiwanese manufacturer, TI’s DLP chip tech is combined with the company’s own DuraCore laser technology for “high quality” and “sharp” images across the projector’s lifespan. The laser light source should ensure 30,000 hours of use. As well as four-corner correction, there is a 1.3X zoom, keystone and vertical lens shift for optimizing on-wall or dedicated screen image manipulation. Connectivity supports HDMI 2.0 inputs, one with eARC, and two USB ports for media sticks and...

Continue reading...

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Thanks as always, Martin! I'm very excited about announcements such a this one. While I've never actually owned a DLP projector to date it's still encouraging to see competent laser-based models becoming available at this price point. I believe the future bodes extremely well for the mid-level consumer as [eventually] LCD and LCOS manufacturers such as Epson and JVC will undoubtedly also be releasing more affordable laser-based models that are fully capable in the 4K realm.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Wow - this ticks off nearly every feature I want to finally upgrade to 4K capability. Looking forward to the reviews.

bobclampett

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Banks
Thanks Martin. Downloaded the manual and noticed there is an RF Emitter Port for VESA 3D. This is great news for 3D fans! My current Optoma projector has VESA 3D so I can use my RF Emitter and 3D glasses. The UHZ50’s high lumens coupled with the superior VESA 3D format should be 3D nirvana. Now have a reason to upgrade to 4K, pending reviews of course.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’d love to read a good discussion / review / comparo of these $3,000 UST 4K laser projectors and the $10,000+ JVC 4K laser projectors.

Are the UST so much cheaper because of much larger sales? Or do you get what you pay for, and so what’s traded away to shave $7,000+ off price?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks